317 patches for Hive. Free download. FINAL version.

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

atmelcool wrote:I did not see the difference, everywhere a lot of noise. Remove them
lol, appreciate the work first and say thanks before telling him to remove them....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Xenos wrote:Added 22 new patches, which brings us up to 295 total.

Download here: (latest 'beta' 3-13-15)
https://app.box.com/s/2zhgc5gslwrcmr0r03io6csulwyd8oop
There's some gems as usual. Thank you so much for sharing your efforts. Really getting into the hive, looking forward to the next release and hopefully some fixes, Urs mentioned in another post.

You state beta 13th March does this relate to the Januarys release 3304 or is there a more recent (have non beta license)?

atmelcool wrote:I did not see the difference, everywhere a lot of noise. Remove them
Care to explain in more detail? Seriously, speak your mind. I'm sure I could create something more to your taste if I knew what you were looking for. What kind of music are you into?

I find it interesting that, out of almost 300 sounds, there isn't something useful to you in there. I tried to cover a wide range of tastes - from chaotic/dirty to clean/smooth, from oldies to dubstep.

@MFXxx: The "beta" term is just referring to the soundset, as it isn't finished yet. Sorry about the confusion. Glad you found some gems, btw :). Any particular favorites, which you'd like to see some similar stuff added?
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Xenos wrote: @MFXxx: The "beta" term is just referring to the soundset, as it isn't finished yet. Sorry about the confusion. Glad you found some gems, btw :). Any particular favorites, which you'd like to see some similar stuff added?
The Hip Hop and Trap presets [not for the genre] more for the sounds.
Particular presets so far Brassy Chord Hit, various subs basses. There's some quality wob's that would be great to sample and drop into Maschine. The oldskool sounds have some pleasing submissions. Cyanide Saw is a keeper and again some nice basses in the Dubtronice and Future garage.

There's a lot in there and as you've covered a wide sound palette base, it's easy to dismiss some sounds when flicking through quickly rather than exploring the presets, tweaking them yourselves and fuelling one's own imaginaton of a journey.

It's going to be interetsing to see what these will bring as a strating point once the full features of the Hive are revealed by Urs and co. [maybe you have some insight I dont know] only hope some are still relevant. I do recall a lot of early beta Diva presets became a little redundant. However as a synth develops so does the possiblities of any presets.

Thank you for your hardwork and contribution.

Now at 310 patches.

Download here: ('beta' 3-16-15)
https://app.box.com/s/olnt7hfbd459xfobrkgs1rvs88fcfyjf

I've added the following sounds with a smoother character to help balance things out more:

BA 1975
BA Azure Tone
BA Electro Contrabassoon
LD 90s Lead
LD A Softer Lead
LD Ace Of Diamonds
LD Ambient Lead 1
LD Ambient Lead 2
LD Brite Saw
LD Creamy Tone
LD Detroit Techno
LD Horny Lead
LD Platinum Bling
PD Aethersphere

@MFXxx: I went and browsed through them, quickly, and see what you mean. A lot of the smoother sounds are further down the list in many categories and folders. I've added these new ones to be seen further up the list. Should help give a more well-rounded first impression. I often have a tendency toward more textural, "intelligent" style patches that appeal to people of more alternative tastes, but that doesn't mean I can't do more typical sounds as well.

Xenos wrote: @MFXxx: I went and browsed through them, quickly, and see what you mean. A lot of the smoother sounds are further down the list in many categories and folders. I've added these new ones to be seen further up the list. Should help give a more well-rounded first impression. I often have a tendency toward more textural, "intelligent" style patches that appeal to people of more alternative tastes, but that doesn't mean I can't do more typical sounds as well.
I feel you're being hard on yourself, dont pay too close attention to my comments. I actually approach a lot sound palletes and wait for something to jump out, or catch my eye and have a jam to see where it leads.
Often a track will start from finding a patch, tweaking it and creating a 4,8, 16 bar loop and building other sounds and ryhtmns around it. This will often lead to scrolling through patch banks of various instruments discovering something that will fit. I am no way an up there muscian or out there producer, but I do know what sounds catch my ear...very mood dependant.

I think a lot of the time it's easy for anyone to get bogged down with patches, sounds and selection when often less can mean more.

You've got some great patches and a lot of hard work.
Last edited by MFXxx on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey dude, are you addicted, can't you stop making presets for Hive?

(I other words: Thanks for the presets, bring it to 500! :D)

Xenos wrote:I normally like to avoid using the unison feature in synths...
General tip for anybody: Try 2 or 3 unison voices more often... it doesn't always have to be the maximum (Hive: 16)!

Howard wrote:
General tip for anybody: Try 2 or 3 unison voices more often... it doesn't always have to be the maximum (Hive: 16)!
thx for the tip, is there any tip why not to? i mostly use 7 voices, i dunno why to go higher, there is not much sound difference as far as i heard.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Howard wrote:
That's pretty much how I've been handling unison - typically 2 or 3 unison voices with a low detune setting to add some extra depth to the sound. I'll definitely go over my bass patches and experiment some, though I normally like the more stable and consistent character of basses that don't use it. I'd really like to see a new feature that alters the phase relationship between unison voices when phase reset is turned on. If that were the case, I'd use it more often on bass patches. Simply applying a constant to oscillator phase doesn't do what I'm looking for. Right now, using phase reset with unison results in a certain "same-ish-ness" between patches, which I'd like to avoid.

Since Urs said he didn't want to add any more knobs, maybe this new feature could be accomplished within the mod matrix. "Unison Phase Spread" could be added as a modulation destination, and "Constant" could be used as a source. Modulating "unison phase spread" via envelope or lfo could also open up some cool sonic possibilities unique to Hive, which I don't recall seeing in any other synths.

Xenos,
Thank you for the latest! Completely off topic: one of my songs is going to get played on internet radio show Skycast Radio on March 29th, starts at 7 pm Pacific Standard Time (USA); not sure when my tune comes on.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

thanks xenos :tu:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I have one _minor_ update after this, then I need to move on to other projects. Basically just a quality control check. Hive is indeed addicting to play with lol. This was a really fun and educational project, and the vast majority of it was done for free as I felt Hive sorely needed a large selection of "modern" style patches. While Hive's capabilities for dance/trance stuff is blatantly obvious, I want to put it out there that Hip Hop/Trap fans should seriously give this synth a look as well. IMHO, it is better equipped than Sylenth for making urban style sounds (like I just said, my opinion, not fact lol)

This project was also a good opportunity to show the kind of quality one should expect from all recent and future Xenos Soundworks products. On the side, I've been also working on a Hive set for my own brand, called "Future Retro Beats". It is _loosely_ inspired by sounds of the 80s, but instead of being a stickler for authenticity, it takes things in a modern-day direction and utilizes the modern features that didn't exist in the actual vintage synths. Will be very useful for house, hip hop, chillout and top-40 pop beats. I will be focusing on sounds with a "smooth", "fat" and "liquid" feel.

Just a heads-up. I'm gonna submit a small preview of "Future Retro Beats" for free dowload in a separate thread tomorrow. The aim of the set is a modernized warm and funky feel that would appeal to fans of funk house, electro swing, hip hop, and oldies fans looking for something a little more interesting than what most of those vintage synths were limited to.

This time I dont want to pigeonhole a set into one particular genre, as I feel more free to explore outside set boundaries. While I drew inspiration from 70s funk and 90s hip hop, the sound is decidedly "modern", and fits really well into other styles.

If you're looking for one of the best Hip Hop and Trap vst synths out there, I would HIGHLY recommend checking out Hive and downloading these patches, as the "Hip Hop and Trap" folder has a very large selection of sounds for that style. I really wanted to show off Hive's strength in that area. The beta period is going to be over soon. I'm gonna go ahead and give you guys one last final update, since I think the hip hop folder needs a few more of those trap style synth hits. They will be labeled with the "HT" category prefix, which stands for "synth hits".

Return to “u-he”