Diva Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WoW, very nice approach! :clap:
Little bugs:
- at HPF-Post you cant click "boost" directly
- At the/my initial patch there is the "Feedback"-Module active, but you cant change it.
If u then load an other preset, it will work tho to select "Feedback" and change it again. Maybe sth. isnt initalizing right there?

Marian W wrote:at HPF-Post you cant click "boost" directly
Yes, same behavior in the original theme. This has something to do with how u-he sliders work. I can't fix it on my end.
Marian W wrote:At the/my initial patch there is the "Feedback"-Module active, but you cant change it.
If the oscillator module is Triple Osc then this is by design. In the original theme Triple Osc doesn't have HPF module at all and the Feedback knob is part of the Mixer block of the oscillator. In Redux I just moved this knob to an HPF area to keep things consistent.

I'm a big fan of Zebra Redux and finally got a chance to look at the Diva version. Like the Zebra skin, I love being able to see all the parameters in one place, but I have to admit, this skin feels a little bit less developed than the Zebra version. Here are my first impressions:

1. I completely agree with earlier posters that there needs to be more contrast. The text labels at the bottom of the sections are difficult to see and I wouldn't mind more contrast in the library also.

2. As mentioned above, color coding would be useful.

3. The red labels for the modulation sources make the GUI seem a little busy. I love them in Zebra Redux, so I'm not sure why they bother me here. One thing that would improve this would be to get rid of the red Reset text in the Variances section and replace them with buttons or anything that isn't red! Also, it might be good to use a different color for anything that's not a modulation source (Voicing: poly, last, Glide: time, rate, Chorus type: Classic, Dramatic, Ensemble, etc.). I don't logically associate these things with modulation sources, so it's a little confusing when I see them in the same color.

4. I ran into a few labeling problems with the Delay:
Delay fdbk is actually delay dry
Wow is actually Feedback
Dry is actually wow
There may be other ones that are wrong, but those are the three I know are a problem.

As always, great work drzhnn. Zebra Redux is the only skin I use for Zebra anymore. It took me a minute to figure this one out, but it's already pretty useful. Thanks for coming up with all these great skins and being so generous with your work!

Thank you scoplunk. And I actually agree with all the points that you made. I guess I just needed a break, to be able to look at this design with a fresh eye.

Are some of the bugs fixed in the latest version?

Which bugs?

The ones folks have mentioned in this thread.

New update:

Diva.Redux.2016.0118.1430.zip

Changes:
- fixed the mislabeled knobs in Delay 2 module

With sadness in my heart, I must admit, that's all I have for now.

Great with a one page diva!!

Here's some feedback:
I'd rather see voice maps near the trimmers. (under?)

The modificators I would like to stand out more and not look visually grouped with phase and variance.

Perhaps move the extra mods near the parameters they mod... Meaning onto the osc and filter panels.
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

ulph wrote:Great with a one page diva!!

Here's some feedback:
I'd rather see voice maps near the trimmers. (under?)

The modificators I would like to stand out more and not look visually grouped with phase and variance.

Perhaps move the extra mods near the parameters they mod... Meaning onto the osc and filter panels.
Thank you. Yeah, I guess better visual separation of the different panels would be nice. I'll add this to my todo list for future updates. But moving the extra mod knobs is not in plans, because there's simply no space for them left on the osc and filter panels.

Something's coming... :oops:

I´m still in love with the old redux version of diva & zebra. but this one looks amazing i´m impressed. i´ll hope i can try it soon.

just wow

Thank you! I have a strong feeling that if you liked previous version the new one won't disappoint :) I really hope so. But we'll see. I'll upload the first beta later today :party:

I didn´t know how to describe how much i like it. So i choose i love ;) What i like about them is the totally new workflow like you wrote a while ago. For me it makes me much faster to get the sound wich i want and its more fun.

What i see on the new picture it can´t disapoint. Ok i will try it then tonight but i guess i´m not a good beta tester because i´m still impressed how you make it that complete redesign.

Thanks again

Thank you Aless909. It's my pleasure really :)

OK, here's the beta: https://github.com/drzhnn/diva-redux/releases/

Installation:

- copy 'Redux' folder to '.../Diva.data/Support/Themes/'
- copy 'Redux_Fonts' folder to '.../Diva.data/Data/Fonts/'

What's new:
- pretty fonts
- procedural graphics (no image files, no resizing artifacts). Everything should fit nicely and look sharp at any resolution on any screen, from lollitop to 8K display.
- animated indicator for LFO rate/phase/amount
animated_lfo_rate.gif
- CPU load indicator
cpu_load_indicator.gif
- detune ring - shows all osc voice detune trimmers on a single ring
detune_ring.gif
- color coded modulation menus (normal, modificator, special)
- all slop sliders are combined with respective slop randomize buttons. Every time you drag a slop slider, the slop randomize button is automatically pressed.

This is a beta version, work is still in progress, so expect bugs, even crashes. I'm testing it on Windows and have no major issues with the current version. But I need your help to make sure it works on other platforms. Otherwise the theme is mostly done. I need to fix a bug with randomly disappearing knob labels, add additional labels around some knobs and slightly redesign Digital OSC panel.

As always I'm looking forward to your feedback, what you like, what you don't like :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “u-he”