[ANN] Repro-1

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
Bump1 wrote:Breaks my heart to know that sound is going to die with my Polivoks :cry:
Plenty of "new" Polivokses in the Eurocrack modular world though... in fact I use a Polivoks filter clone all the time...
I built a full Erica clone kit. What is your opinion??...I still think it's different.

With rez cranked to self oscillation, if you sweep the cutoff there's a very crazy pitch instability (on my Polivoks).

The Erica and Harvestman clones don't really have that
Last edited by Bump1 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote:It's kind of impossible to emulate properly for me...
Too many nonlinearities? :)

EvilDragon wrote:
Urs wrote:It's kind of impossible to emulate properly for me...
Too many nonlinearities? :)
It's just f'ing insane... weird asymmetric hard clipping, frequency dependent.

Bump1 wrote:
Urs wrote:
Bump1 wrote:Breaks my heart to know that sound is going to die with my Polivoks :cry:
Plenty of "new" Polivokses in the Eurocrack modular world though... in fact I use a Polivoks filter clone all the time...
I built a full Erica clone kit. What is your opinion??...I still think it's different.

With rez cranked to self oscillation, if you sweep the cutoff there's a very crazy pitch instability.

As far as I know, every Polivoks is different, much more so than Minimoogs ever were. Slight differences in calibration might have a huge effect on the sound.

The Harvestman one has somehow managed to become my most used filter next to the AJH. I guess having two adjustable inputs had been a factor in this.

I haven't got the Erica yet, but Erica stuff has become a staple in my system. I might one day bite the bullet and get their Polivoks.

Hi folks - and sorry for my ignorance. Could you kindly let me know if both Repro1 and 5 are mono synths, or they can also perform in poly mode? Thank you in advance!
=========
Cool, thanks .Maky! :)
Last edited by emanuelsj on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emanuelsj wrote:Hi folks - and sorry for my ignorance. Could you kindly let me know if both Repro1 and 5 are mono synths, or they can also perform in poly mode? Thank you in advance!
Repro1 = mono
Repro5 = poly

Urs wrote:
Bump1 wrote:
Urs wrote:

With rez cranked to self oscillation, if you sweep the cutoff there's a very crazy pitch instability.

As far as I know, every Polivoks is different, much more so than Minimoogs ever were. Slight differences in calibration might have a huge effect on the sound.

The Harvestman one has somehow managed to become my most used filter next to the AJH. I guess having two adjustable inputs had been a factor in this.

I haven't got the Erica yet, but Erica stuff has become a staple in my system. I might one day bite the bullet and get their Polivoks.

I was talking about this today to a friend, the Erica DIY kit is very high on my bucket list.

Return to “u-he”