Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

zvenx wrote:I know we can use them how we want to, but what is the thought process behind the multicoloured favourite options? (I assume all our current favourites will default to one colour?)

Is it the thought process to use them as one would use Rating Stars?
You can do that (you get 8 "stars" instead of 5 this way). Or you can link a certain color to a certain sound type (red - pads, blue - bass, whatever). Feel free to think of your own scheme.

Thanks ED.
rsp
sound sculptist

Arrested Developer wrote:...in the meantime i have a question.
Does anybody know, if that Synth-Brass-ish sound in Mathew Wilder's "Break my stride" actually was a Prophet 5?
Looks like it: https://www.discogs.com/Matthew-Wilder- ... se/1845705

Howard wrote:
Arrested Developer wrote:...in the meantime i have a question.
Does anybody know, if that Synth-Brass-ish sound in Mathew Wilder's "Break my stride" actually was a Prophet 5?
Looks like it: https://www.discogs.com/Matthew-Wilder- ... se/1845705
Thanks Howie! I didn't knew that site.
Great thing: was just playing around with Repro 5, and it completely has this vibe...
Repro 5 is so amazing... :-)

I didn't know that site either - just gooogling "break my stride" "Prophet 5" was enough.

ok, next time i will google with more confidence in my intuition... :oops:
I googled "break my stride synthesizer" and had some youtube links and some links to forum discussions.

HS Diplomacy, that's going to leave a mark!

Hello lucky friends - it's beta release day!! :party:

Here's a new short demo to get you over to the Repro side if you're not there already:

https://soundcloud.com/ned-bouhalassa/l ... he-repro-5

Congratulations to the team! :tu: :clap:

Everything I like about the Prophet. Your first riff reminded me of Sunglasses at Night, Your hard sync riff of Buffalo Stance. Great job Ned.
Ned Bouhalassa wrote:Hello lucky friends - it's beta release day!! :party:

Here's a new short demo to get you over to the Repro side if you're not there already:

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:Hello lucky friends - it's beta release day!! :party:

Yay, thanks & great track!!! 8)

Mmm so funky Ned 8)

I fell asleep waiting for Repro-5. Had a really cool dream though. :ud:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Well... Brace yourselves for a post that is not a total praise and amazement. :)

I am slightly dissapointed that these features are missing:
1. Oscillator drift with drift amount and period controls.
Even Dave Smith feels it is neccessary to include that "slop" knob on his newer Prophets.
And no, the voice detune knob is not enough to emulate that behavior.
Every oscilator has to be modulated by a slow S/G LFO, not by a constant detune amount.
2. Oscillator 50/60hz flutter.
Synapse Audio - The Legend has it.
I thought it would be a new standard on virtual analogs.
3. Tuneable noise amount.
I mean the noise that comes out of and after the filter, not the noise oscillator in the mixer section.
You can't have an emulation of an old analog synth without it, every P5 to R5 listening test will be extremely obvious because Repro-5 is dead clean (of course this difference will be most noticeable when you close the filters on the two).

*Yes, i searched the pdf manual for both drift and noise.

*The synth does sound 2017 level of good if you play it mono.

*I am tempted to force the above features on R5 and make a comparison clip. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Well... Brace yourselves for a post that is not a total praise and amazement. :)

I am slightly dissapointed that these features are missing:
1. Oscillator drift with drift amount and period controls.
Even Dave Smith feels it is neccessary to include that "slop" knob on his newer Prophets.
Every oscilator has to be modulated by a slow S/G LFO, not by a constant detune amount.
Every oscillator *is* modulated by a slow S/G LFO, but not so fast that you always have to press the tune button. Compromise for good usability.

(Detune at 50% is roughly what our P-5 sounds like after pressing tune IIRC)
Try R1 oscillator preset. Our P-5 does not exhibit any such flutter, one of our Pro-Ones does.
No go. Adding noise costs too much support as it's often seen as a bug.

But we did include Satin Light aka Velvet so you can add some noise if you like.

Urs wrote:Detune at 50% is roughly what our P-5 sounds like after pressing tune IIRC
More like 30% max. I reckon (in the current version with P5 mode oscillators). William changed the depth/law of that parameter a few times, though.

Urs wrote:
Mutant wrote: 1. Oscillator drift with drift amount and period controls.
Every oscillator *is* modulated by a slow S/G LFO, but not so fast that you always have to press the tune button. Compromise for good usability.
I checked it by adding an oscillator from another VSTi and tuning it to the same frequency as 1 oscillator from R5.
There was no movement at all.
Are you sure you have the correct values for the amount of that modulation ? :)
Because i can't believe an old synth like the Prophet 5 is that surgically stable.
Urs wrote:
Try R1 oscillator preset. Our P-5 does not exhibit any such flutter, one of our Pro-Ones does.
OK, ill try.
Urs wrote:
No go. Adding noise costs too much support as it's often seen as a bug.

But we did include Satin Light aka Velvet so you can add some noise if you like.
Even if the user can tune the amount of that noise with a knob on the tweaks page ? :)
OK, it is nice that there is such an effect included.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Return to “u-he”