u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jbraner wrote:
tasmaniandevil wrote:
jbraner wrote:In Repro-1, i don't see anything happening with the different "Auto Tag Features" settings.
Oopsie :oops: . Looks like it's broken.
Is it supposed to work in the new RC2?
It still doesn't seem to do anything (I have some Repro-1 presets that are untagged)
I assume you read the manual on what it is supposed to do correct?
I read it shortly after your post and it isn't suppose to do what at least I thought it would do.
rsp
sound sculptist

jbraner wrote:Is it supposed to work in the new RC2?
It still doesn't seem to do anything (I have some Repro-1 presets that are untagged)
Haha, no, sorry, it won't work at the moment. We are not always that fast in fixing stuff. :wink:
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Ok - I just wanted to be sure I wasn't expecting it to do something when it shouldn't. ;-)

so it *should* do something, when a patch has no tags - and it's not (but it will be fixed at some point)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I hope commercial soundset designers will update their sets with tags once the new preset browser starts rolling out to the other synths...
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

evilantal wrote:I hope commercial soundset designers will update their sets with tags once the new preset browser starts rolling out to the other synths...
Is the plan still to do a Z2.8 beta next week?
Will anyone be even 'home' at u-he HQ next week ? :-)
sound sculptist

it looks like the text display cannot accommodate a long name without truncating it;
  • this one is an original preset name from the P5 factory set 3, and is 45 chars long…
  • the preset file itself is a regular h2p format.
formula 0.7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rockbottom wrote:it looks like the text display cannot accommodate a long name without truncating it
Yes, there are a few small issues with really long preset names. Most of them are remnants of the old browser, we just didn't have the time to iron all those issues out yet. It's on our radar, so this will be improved at some point.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

I upgraded my Repro to final version and lost my favourites...

Not a big deal, as there was only 5 or 6 favourites but... Will I need to backup favourites between updates? Where's the database of favourites? (I'm on Mac)

I love the new preset browser but I was wondering why is it not possible to select the directories with the arrow keys on the computer keyboard and swith from the left of the browser where the folders are to the right where the presets are with the tab key this makes browsing and selecting sounds so much faster?

waltercruz wrote:I upgraded my Repro to final version and lost my favourites...

Not a big deal, as there was only 5 or 6 favourites but... Will I need to backup favourites between updates? Where's the database of favourites? (I'm on Mac)
I had the same question and zvenx answered it for me in another thread.
~Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/Presetdata/Repro-5.db.
Or something close to that ~Library means the Library folder in ur user folder not the general
Library.. Rsp
:tu:

the new preset browser is really great - thank you!

Hi,
I think it is now .presetsdb for completeness.
rsp

fourthmanfire wrote:
waltercruz wrote:I upgraded my Repro to final version and lost my favourites...

I had the same question and zvenx answered it for me in another thread.
~Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/Presetdata/Repro-5.db.
Or something close to that ~Library means the Library folder in ur user folder not the general
Library.. Rsp
:tu:
sound sculptist

Is renaming a folder in Windows Explorer supposed to clear the favorites? That's definitely not ideal. Here's what just happened...

1. I downloaded a bunch of patches from the Patch Library
2. Put them in a folder called "Patch Library" (or so I thought)
3. I spent about 2 hours tagging favorites
4. I noticed the damn folder was spelled "Path Library"
5. By default, I went into Windows Explorer and corrected the typo

Result: I relaunched Zebra and all the favourites were gone.

Expected Result: I'd expect the favourite setting to be a patch-level tag so if I do something like move a patch to a different folder using Windows Explorer, the favourite status is retained.

Note: I remembered there's a Rename Function in the Browser, which indicates to me I should've used that, but by the time I thought of it, it was already too late.

This is more of a workflow feature request: please add the ability to for the folder section of the browser to scroll automatically while I click and drag.

The scenario/steps are:

1. Open the browser in a situation where you have a LOT of folders and might need to scroll up and down
2. Select a patch
3. Click and Drag it to move into a folder outside of view (either above or below the current scroll location)

Result: the browser doesn't scroll. You must unselect the patch, scroll first, then click and drag the patch to copy it to the correct location.

Desired Result: the browser would follow the mouse location and scroll up or down to the correct folder.

Yep, that was already reported internally.

Return to “u-he”