Diva sustain pedal problem

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm struggling with this in my current Mainstage setup and can't find an ideal solution:-

In mono mode, last note priority:

1. Play note and hold it down
2. Depress sustain pedal
3. Release note and play the same one again, hold down.
4. Keeping note held down, release sustain pedal.

Result: note cuts off.

It doesn't happen when in low or high note priority, so this is a solution of sorts but not ideal. I just checked on Ace too and had the same issue. In poly mode (both of them) the effect is dependant on how many voices are allocated - make it 3 (say), play the same note 4 or more times with sustain down and release sustain will kill all notes.

Play different notes and there is no problem, so I suspect this is something to do with Diva's handling of multiple identical note-off events whilst under sustain.

Any workarounds?

I should say that I can put scripter midi-plugin before Diva and trace mid so I can see that it's receiving only notes and controller 64 on and off.

Cheers,

Roger

Yes, sustain pedal in mono mode needs some work on all u-he synths... For example, it's impossible to play legato trills under sustain pedal, it eats the releases and doesn't return to previously held notes, which is what should happen (sustain pedal should only hold the LAST played note, not all of them).

Coustard wrote:Any workarounds?
If your sound also works when you set it to 'legato' mode instead of mono mode, you could try that.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks for the replies.

Legato mode won't do it, sadly - high or low note priority covers it for most occasions but I have to change how I play a bit.

Ah well...

Return to “u-he”