Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 (beta 02)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

joris.roling wrote:It asked for my registration again, and, after I entered it, it says it is wrong. I looked the code up in my mail (wow! sent by Urs on 11 October 2006). But still the same...

Did I miss something?

The previous beta ran fine for me. After installing that again (Zebra2_6849_Mac), all is back to normal.

Regards, J*
at some point zebra's serial number format changed.
I would go and request a new one if I were you, it is automated.

rsp
sound sculptist

Thank you, preset loading times are non-existant now :D

But about the skin, will there be different browser color implamented to match the DarkEight skin?

zvenx wrote:
joris.roling wrote:It asked for my registration again, and, after I entered it, it says it is wrong. I looked the code up in my mail (wow! sent by Urs on 11 October 2006). But still the same...

Did I miss something?

The previous beta ran fine for me. After installing that again (Zebra2_6849_Mac), all is back to normal.

Regards, J*
at some point zebra's serial number format changed.
I would go and request a new one if I were you, it is automated.

rsp
Thanks! Will do...

Update: yes, that was it, all is good now! Thnx again.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
UmFuFu wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:14-bit CCs don't have much to do with MPE (in this context, it's related to MIDI learning Zebra's controls, so you can have a finer range of values to adjust compared to regular 128 steps of 7-bit CCs). However being able to set two modulators to arbitrary CC numbers (instead of them being fixed to 2 and 11) sure helps. i.e. you can set one of them to CC 74 now...
got it... but either way we shouldn't expect MPE until v3 right?

Right. He mentioned in either the Zebra3 or MPE threads (or maybe both) that Zebra's voice structure would need to be rewritten entirely for MPE, which wouldn't happen until Z3.
The plan is that we use the voice circuit that was written for Repro-5. So the voice management in Zeb3 would support the same basic features. (Minus the voice allocation stuff, that's mostly independent from it)

Disclaimer: That's the >plan<. Stuff might change. :)

SaganTech wrote:This version crashes like crazy for me. Went back to Zebra2_28_6849_Win and it works fine.
It would be great if you could send us a short mail to support at u-he dot com, with a few more details about your problem. I am sure we can figure out what's causing this and find a solution.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Elektronisch wrote:But about the skin, will there be different browser color implamented to match the DarkEight skin?
I think the browser looks quite nice in the DarkEight skin. The preset browser in DarkEight has a different colour than the module preset browser to better differentiate between them.

Thank you very much for the update! Waiting the Zebra 3 =)

u-he-william wrote:The plan is that we use the voice circuit that was written for Repro-5. So the voice management in Zeb3 would support the same basic features. (Minus the voice allocation stuff, that's mostly independent from it)

Disclaimer: That's the >plan<. Stuff might change. :)
Cool thanks. Zebra will be so powerful with MPE. Can’t wait!

Everything works great in the VST2 version.
I got an error message when trying to load the VST3 version, the second time it loaded up fine but gave me another error message when I tried to replace Zebra with another plug.
I'm in FL Studio 12.5.1. I didn't mark down the message or take a screenshot as I'm heading back to work but I'll try to get more info and post it here tonight.

Russell Grand wrote:I'm in FL Studio 12.5.1. I didn't mark down the message or take a screenshot as I'm heading back to work but I'll try to get more info and post it here tonight.
Yes, please. Would be great to know what kind of error messages you are getting in FLStudio.

Dark Zebra beta where?

Spirit2017 wrote:Dark Zebra beta where?
There is no Dark Zebra beta available. We first need to get Zebra 2.8 out of beta, before we can start to apply all the changes to ZebraHZ.

Russell Grand wrote:Everything works great in the VST2 version.
I got an error message when trying to load the VST3 version, the second time it loaded up fine but gave me another error message when I tried to replace Zebra with another plug.
I'm in FL Studio 12.5.1.
I've had a look at it. Are you maybe on Mac, using the FLStudio Mac Alpha version?
This version seems to have some issues with VST3 plugins which contain multiple plugins (like Zebra2, Zebralette, and Zebrify in our case). It can't figure out on its own if the plugin is an effect or a synth, and as a result it throws some errors.
You could manually set the type to synth in FLStudio's plugin database, but I'd rather use the VST2 version for now, and wait until they improve the VST3 handling on Mac.
Actually, there is already a 12.9 beta version for Mac available, I'll try to download it and check if things are working better in this version.

I also tried it on Windows with FLStudio 12.5 (build 59), and there everything works, I can load the Zebra2 VST3 version without getting errors.

Now this is what im talking about!!! this is how zebra should be working !! awesome ! everything is working great here over 20,000 presets and instant load times now and reopening the GUI is a breeze !!! Thank you to everyone who made this update possible including Tasmanian for all the updates and taking time out of his day and of course urs and the team! Hope all is great in Australia!!!! :tu: :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice to have Zebra instances load much faster now on Mac. Thank you

Return to “u-he”