Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

adamj wrote:I realize this is intended behavior and "user error". I think a visual indicator when ModMatrix modifiers are enabled would help debug a modulator that's not working.
We're trying to add icons which show the current state.

If the feature gets used (and confused) a lot, we'll might icons always visible to the UI (preferredly not, since it adds complexity)

Sound Author wrote:Just curious, are you contemplating wavetables for this update or is that further down the road?
Psst, don't give people ideas...

It's been such a long time since Hive has received love! it's sad that it's become somewhat of an underrated synth, because it's always had a wonderful and fat character. Happy to finally see some new features, include the looong requested waveforms ^^.

One thing for me is that Hive has never been quite as good at handling more 'digital' styles of dance music as other contemporary synths because it's feature set was always a bit too basic. I have a feeling these updates will finally address that c:.

Shiek927 wrote:Happy to finally see some new features, include the looong requested waveforms ^^.
We're determined to make Hive a lot more attractive. There's way too much potential in it to leave it aside.

Cant wait for oscillator hard sync

Urs wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:Happy to finally see some new features, include the looong requested waveforms ^^.
We're determined to make Hive a lot more attractive. There's way too much potential in it to leave it aside.
Indeed! Reveal Sound Spire is one synth to look at as inspiration!

I'm a bit confused about this new preset browser. Will it break all older presets?
I am afraid to loose the ability to open projects that uses older Hive version.
Should I just move/backup all presets first, then uninstall old Hive, and then install the latest build and hope for the best?

I can't really seperate my own presets from the original presets since I have probably overwritten alot of the default presets and extra soundbanks, not changing the names to my own or saving them into my own folder.... (my bad I guess).

No, old presets operate as they did before.

But yes, in your case, copy your presets folder elsewhere, unininstall Hive, reinstall latest. Then merge your old presets in.

cnt wrote:I'm a bit confused about this new preset browser. Will it break all older presets?
I am afraid to loose the ability to open projects that uses older Hive version.
The new browser won't 'break' older presets, and you can of course still open old host projects.
cnt wrote:Should I just move/backup all presets first, then uninstall old Hive, and then install the latest build and hope for the best?
I can't really seperate my own presets from the original presets since I have probably overwritten alot of the default presets and extra soundbanks, not changing the names to my own or saving them into my own folder.... (my bad I guess).
Yes, in your case it might be best to backup the preset folder before installing the update,
because you wrote that you might have overwritten factory presets without even renaming them.

When you install an update, the installer will rebuild the factory presets to their original state.
So any changes you made to factory presets (if you did not rename them, or put them in other folders) would be lost after the update.

But this has nothing to do with the new browser, this would happen with every update.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Minor - I'm finding that the gamma does not work.

windows 8.1
studio one 3.5.6

Known issue with u-he on Windows, across all their plugins. You need to close then reopen the GUI.

Thanks Evil...can't believe missed a common one. Closing and reopening does apply the gamma.
Last edited by clangorous on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by clangorous on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i've installed latest beta. OS X 10.12.6 - Cubase 9.5.30 - Cubase 9.5.30 started to crash upon loading projects created with hive 1.1. have looked at log - crash reason is hive. i deleted beta, installed hive 1.1 all came back to normal.

Return to “u-he”