Tech Preview: Hive Wavetables

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

EvilDragon wrote:.uhm files are relatively short
wait for it...

The experience with Zebra shows that people go to great lengths to write tools which emit script based wavetables. One day someone will convert some 2MB file in away that each sample will end up in one line of .uhm. This file will take 36 minutes to process when loading, but it'll prove a point.

Haha. :D

Found that crash bug. Happens when the calculation turns up a number of frames far beyond 256.

Hehehe, won't happen much longer.

:tu:

Someone asked me if I could script a simple overtone series sweep for them.
Here is what I came up with:

Normal sweep:

Code: Select all

NumFrames=64
Wave "sin((2*round(frame+1))*pi*phase)"
Sweep with the fundamental staying:

NumFrames=64
Wave start=1 blend=add "sin(2*pi*phase)"
I think that's the best way to script these?

Will it be possible to load only single cycle waveforms?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote:Will it be possible to load only single cycle waveforms?
That already works, both into Hive directly as well as into a uhm script.

Delta Sign wrote::tu:

Someone asked me if I could script a simple overtone series sweep for them.
Here is what I came up with:

Normal sweep:

NumFrames=64
Sweep with the fundamental staying:

NumFrames=64
Wave start=1 blend=add "sin(2*pi*phase)"
I think that's the best way to script these?
Here's a slightly shorter alternative:

Spectrum "index==(frame+1)"
Fundamental:

Spectrum "index==1"
In Spectrum, "index" becomes your harmonic. The comparison results in 1 (true) or 0 (false).

Question: Why round(frame+1)? Frame is always rounded?

Urs wrote:
PietW. wrote:Will it be possible to load only single cycle waveforms?
That already works, both into Hive directly as well as into a uhm script.
Wie geil ist das denn? Ordnerstruktur bis auf den letzten (4) Unterordner. Blättert alles durch. So soll das sein. Big Like. ( Sorry, da hab leider keine Übersetzung ins Englische)
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

I know this is early days, but I had about what could potentially be added to scripts to improve usability between here and an official release:

1. Script name - If copying and pasting code from forums, and then separately downloading presets from the Patch Library, I could see the possibility to end up with multiple versions of the same script and not knowing it because the .uhm file one end-user creates may have a different name than someone else's. While the .uhm files themselves can always have different names, having a "Script Name" paremeter/tag that shows up in the GUI would make it easier to identify duplicates going forward and get some consistency going.

2. Author name - Would be nice to know who wrote the script and have a dedicated field for that in the GUI just like for presets. Delta Sign's doing a lot of great work already, so would be cool to be like, "oh, this is one of Delta Sign's scripts."

3. Table number, Interpolation Modes, etc. - It would be nice if changing a script could set some additional values in the WT screen. When playing around with some scripts, it was like "this sounds funny...[reads info]...oh, there are multiple tables...or there's a recommended interpolation mode." Then you audition the next script and your table values or interpolation mode may need to change again.

Urs wrote: Here's a slightly shorter alternative:

Spectrum "index==(frame+1)"
Of course :dog:
I really need to mess with spectrum and phase more often. My brain defaults to wave at the moment :hihi:
Urs wrote:Question: Why round(frame+1)? Frame is always rounded?
I could have sworn it wasn't when I tried it, but I just checked again, and it absolutely is.

Thanks!

Haha, thanks anyway for that script Delta. I'm a little late to the party, but I just fired up Notepad++ and I'm FINALLY just now looking at all this scripting stuff. Very, VERY cool indeed. Also, Thanks Urs for the polished script.

The preset I promised to post some time ago. Just copy the "Delta Sign" folder into your wavetable folder and the preset in your presets folder.
Play with the mod- and pitchwheel to get the most out of the preset :)

That' sounds lovely! I especially like what you did with the pitch wheel! :tu:

Hive_Super_Weird_UHM_Info_Bug.PNG
I've getting some really weird errors sometimes when using the Info command. I've attached a screenshot of the error in Hive and the script (one of Delta Sign's that I was testing :hihi:)

The Info was:

Info "A simple I made as a second layer for the additive preset I posted in the other thread"
The error goes away if I make the string only about 4 or so words long ('Info "A simple 5OP FM script"' works).
The strange thing is I've had other UHM scripts with reaaaaaly long strings like the one below that didn't cause any errors in a different script (this Info does crash the other uhm script if I paste it in).

Info "Oscillating sine waves with different harmonics. Set Pos to 0 and Auto Mode to loop. Increase the Auto speed to taste, try 1 or above. Or set Auto to low and hold notes for drones. Experiment with adjusting the Pos with Auto at high speeds"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You have a missing ending " in line 6, perhaps?

Return to “u-he”