Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:18 am
Does Z3 land above Hive 2.0 on the roadmap? Or are their Z3 dependencies on Hive 2 that require the latter to be done first (thinking of the scripting implementation)? Or will development occur at the same time and whichever one is out first is out first?
Hive 2.0 is nearly finished from a development point of view. It needs time for preset designers and UI design, plus a few fixes here and there.
Note, if it weren't for having-to-update-every-plug-in-with-the-new-browser-so-things-are-fine-on-macOS, almost the whole staff would have been working on Zebra3 since last year. But as it stands, we have more than a year of delay simply because updating everything with a new preset browser (plus tagged presets, and NKS while we're at it, and move to UTF-8 and also needs a redesign and and and).
We wanted to have our maintenance updates finished by Q2 2018, but now we have maybe another year ahead before all updates are out (which is why we did temporary fixes last week for some products that we haven't even touched yet). Z3 will stay aside until then, with occasional work whenever possible.
It's a bit depressing, but that's how it's been for the past few years, and then we run out of cash and need to quickly release something else in-between (a quick Pro-One emulation... dang, two years gone... some quick delay and spring reverb mini plug-ins... boom, another year... let's add wavetables to Hive...).