Uhbik 2.0 public alpha rev. 9313

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah, there it is :)

Urs wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 am We do have a Spreadshirt shop somewhere, but possibly no links on our website anymore.

Every now and then we investigate new options, but there does not seem to be the be all end all solution for u-he swag anywhere.
Oh, jesus...I thought it was my joke but you really have t-shirts, didn't know about it because never visited the website footer. It should not have been taken so seriously )) But, I need to mention that your merchandise is very stylish.

I take this opportunity to ask you to pay more attention to using your plugins without a mouse, only with the touchpad. I don't use a mouse most of the time and some simple actions require too much effort (like "add point" in the waveform editor in Zebra).

Please, keep in mind musicians who often work holding the laptop on their knees and do not have a comfortable table :) True story...

I thought it was 679€ for the t-shirt eek

Ploki wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:25 pm I thought it was 679€ for the t-shirt eek
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dombaeb wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 am "Dork" sounds really rude in this humor context, but I'm not a native speaker so I can not catch something kind in it. Anyway, this is not a topic for discussion, just keeping Uhbik thread warm )
No no, I'm friendly. Just a bit silly--and dorky. :clown:
And I really do have a U-he t-shirt.

I'm sitting here with my Repro-1 t-shirt on my astral body...

I still have my 'you-hear it' shirt. I wore it in a video I did a while back.

justin3am wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:11 pm I still have my 'you-hear it' shirt. I wore it in a video I did a while back.
Our company thrives on bad puns. This one was so bad, me made it our main slogan. Still loving it 8)

Dombaeb wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:16 pm
Urs wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 am We do have a Spreadshirt shop somewhere, but possibly no links on our website anymore.

Every now and then we investigate new options, but there does not seem to be the be all end all solution for u-he swag anywhere.
Oh, jesus...I thought it was my joke but you really have t-shirts, didn't know about it because never visited the website footer. It should not have been taken so seriously )) But, I need to mention that your merchandise is very stylish.

I take this opportunity to ask you to pay more attention to using your plugins without a mouse, only with the touchpad. I don't use a mouse most of the time and some simple actions require too much effort (like "add point" in the waveform editor in Zebra).

Please, keep in mind musicians who often work holding the laptop on their knees and do not have a comfortable table :) True story...
Okay, it was my fault. Actually, it's much easier to make waveforms in the wave editor than I thought. It's just aren't using common patterns (like simple double-click to add a point). Solved and sorry for the offtop.

Dombaeb wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 amOkay, it was my fault. Actually, it's much easier to make waveforms in the wave editor than I thought. It's just aren't using common patterns (like simple double-click to add a point). Solved and sorry for the offtop.
Yes, the inconsistent tools have been a concern. While it's "not that bad", I think we'll do much better in a future version of it.

Hey. I'm pretty sure that now you are developing at least Uhbik and Zebra 3 and I have to beg about one thing: please, add the ability to drag values, it's important for people who're using a touchpad instead of a mouse. Overall, your interfaces are really great but they're not adapted for the touchpad users. I can't just drag value with touchpad, that's the problem. Popups, popups, popups. I hope it's not so hard to implement, these small things make a big difference.

Dombaeb wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:22 pm Overall, your interfaces are really great but they're not adapted for the touchpad users. I can't just drag value with touchpad, that's the problem.
Touchpads usually have options to configure gestures, or already come with some gestures included.
E.g. one standard gesture is the two finger swipe to emulate a mouse wheel on a touchpad.
With this you simply hover over a parameter and then use two fingers to scroll through the values.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Yeah, it works. Thank you. But if you can implement the drag feature - it would be more organic in the context of billion of other applications.

Dear u-he, still praying for the new uhbik soon :) I'm playing with it a lot and for my CPU it feels like native Ableton plugins so I can make really loooong processing chains with it. This is cool.

And one quick note about Zebra. Want to mention that knobs move sensitivity on Zebra now ideal (in case you're considering to change their sensitivity in Zebra 3). Take care! :)

We opened a can of worms when we decided that the Compressor has an external side chain input. Try combining surround processing and side chain capability in a world where each plug-in format and each host handles both side chaining and surround differently. It's a bit of a mind bender.

On a positive note, external side chains are coming to all Uhbiks, as they can drive the built-in new AD-envelope.

Return to “u-he”