Hive2 feature request thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd love to have a vowel filter in the effects rack, a simple one with continous knobs for vowel, dry/wet and maybe a resonsance.

First, vowel filters are cool, second I think it would fit the Hive concept and aesthetics. I know that I can make vowels with two bandpass filters and there are some cool "talking" wavetables, but the main idea of having it as a separate effect after the oscilators and the main filters is the ability to modulate dry/wet.

As a sidenote, I hope the idea of integrating simple FM into Hive is not abandoned yet.
Last edited by recursive one on Mon May 04, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There should be Hive feature request thread to collect everything in one place. (Singing Radiorhead :singer: )
Murderous duck!

I like the vocal/vowel filter that resides in one of u-he's competitor's synth plug-ins, so I would like to hear u-he's take on that. Though I would prefer for u-he to work on Zebra 3.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

david.beholder wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:01 pm There should be Hive feature request thread to collect everything in one place.
Good idea!
Changed the thread title.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Midi-Out for God´s sake!

Envelopes separated from filter types. Envelopes with curve control.

Also FFS people, in 2020 "other product" instead of say "serum" or "spire" doesn't look smart as there is no shame mentioning by the name product with great and/or unique features.
Murderous duck!

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claudedefaren wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:30 amYou can hook it up, but it has 0 effect (same with LFO to Mod1 decay in fact). It would be nice to be able to do that
That works perfectly, are you sure you're doing it right? Just tried it myself. Same with Shape Sequencer to envelope decay, works nicely here.
Also, overdrive is a "soft clip" type distortion, which Hive already has - but maybe you refer to a very specific sound of a very specific unit?

Viktor
u-he team

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claudedefaren wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:03 am Not sure what "very specific unit" or "very specific sound" you're referring to, or why you're insinuating that I'm even referring to such a thing. Kind of a weird look if you ask me.
What I said was that Hive already has soft clip distortion, and overdrive is soft clip distortion.
Now since Hive's soft clip doesn't seem to be what you're looking for, I assume you have a different sound in mind when you mentioned overdrive.
Maybe that type of sound you know or have heard from a specific overdrive pedal or other overdrive effect plugin. I was hoping you'd tell us about what overdrive sound you look for specifically.
claudedefaren wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:03 am Try setting the Mod1 envelope's decay to 0, and route a shape sequencer to it. And of course raise the mod env parameter on the filter.
I'm getting nothing from that.
Yes that's correct, nothing can happen in that constellation. With decay at 0, the envelope snaps back down faster than the shape sequencer can have effect on it.
Set decay to maybe 20 or so, turn up the modulation amount in the modmatrix for the ShapeSeq->ModDecay modulation. Set ShapeSequencer A to One Shot and only select the first shape in lane A so that it only plays that first one. And set the time base to something fast, like 1/16 or 1/32. Now you can hear the effect more clearly. When you bend the curve of the first shape, you can hear how that curve bends the downward movement of the mod decay.

Viktor
u-he team

I wouldn’t mind seeing Wavetable selection as a modulation target.
On a number of Macs

The unshushable Coktor wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 am
claudedefaren wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:03 am Not sure what "very specific unit" or "very specific sound" you're referring to, or why you're insinuating that I'm even referring to such a thing. Kind of a weird look if you ask me.
What I said was that Hive already has soft clip distortion, and overdrive is soft clip distortion.
Now since Hive's soft clip doesn't seem to be what you're looking for, I assume you have a different sound in mind when you mentioned overdrive.
Maybe that type of sound you know or have heard from a specific overdrive pedal or other overdrive effect plugin. I was hoping you'd tell us about what overdrive sound you look for specifically.
claudedefaren wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:03 am Try setting the Mod1 envelope's decay to 0, and route a shape sequencer to it. And of course raise the mod env parameter on the filter.
I'm getting nothing from that.
Yes that's correct, nothing can happen in that constellation. With decay at 0, the envelope snaps back down faster than the shape sequencer can have effect on it.
Set decay to maybe 20 or so, turn up the modulation amount in the modmatrix for the ShapeSeq->ModDecay modulation. Set ShapeSequencer A to One Shot and only select the first shape in lane A so that it only plays that first one. And set the time base to something fast, like 1/16 or 1/32. Now you can hear the effect more clearly. When you bend the curve of the first shape, you can hear how that curve bends the downward movement of the mod decay.

Viktor
u-he team
No, I just didn't realize that overdrive and soft clipping are the same thing. Scratch that one from my request list!

I guess what I thought was possible in modulating the Decay with a Shape was that I could effectively use the Shape in place of the Decay fader. I get better results (more control) from just modulating the filter itself with the shape, but then you can't get a full ADSR that way. Is it possible to effectively use the Shape in place of the Decay in the envelope's ADSR? Maybe I'm going about it with the wrong approach

You're probably better off adding sources instead e.g. envelope AND Shape both modulating cutoff or whatever. Certainly easier to handle that way!

Return to “u-he”