Free Zebra2/HZ skin: Wombat Flat (Skin Builder 1.1 final and pre-built skins released)

Official support for: u-he.com
User avatar
KVRist
284 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:34 pm

accessdune3 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:57 am
Hey! Very cool skin! I like it, but have you updated the zip archive? Background looks different then in provided image. It's darker then the modules.
No the only static files I modified were the headers to get rid of the "HZ" (no offense Hans 😃) The reason it looks a little darker is from the Gamma setting in Zebra itself:

Image

Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Thatnk you for the replay but are you sure you didn't changed? Because your both provided images are different :-) i also tried darker but modules and background (i think the header is to be correct) are different, setting to brightest, all seems to line up, but then its too bright and the module separators become impossible to see (unlike in your pictures) :-)

Maybe your monitor contrast is too high/low and didn't noticed? I can clearly see both images are different on my phone and computer display :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KVRist
284 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:59 pm

Haha! Good catch. Well I'm sure I did not modify the color of the files after using the builder, I would remember doing that 😊 but I probably had different Gamma settings in the "Old" and "New" screenshots. I definitely played around with the Gamma settings a bit. If the colors don't match perfectly on your end it's probably down to us having different monitors, or different rendering settings on our monitors. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: ...ya just double checked, in the "Old" screenshot I had the Gamma set to "neutral" and in the "New" screenshot I had the Gamma set to "dark".

Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:49 pm

trackbout wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:59 pm
Haha! Good catch. Well I'm sure I did not modify the color of the files after using the builder, I would remember doing that 😊 but I probably had different Gamma settings in the "Old" and "New" screenshots. I definitely played around with the Gamma settings a bit. If the colors don't match perfectly on your end it's probably down to us having different monitors, or different rendering settings on our monitors. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: ...ya just double checked, in the "Old" screenshot I had the Gamma set to "neutral" and in the "New" screenshot I had the Gamma set to "dark".
Check the header (undo,redo part), it definatly has nothing to do with gamma settings because everything else looks exactly the same, and if you are changing gamma settings all modules brightness is changing :-) also this is your pictures you posted, not mine :-)

User avatar
KVRist
284 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:56 pm

Yup, I did check that, and you are definitely wrong 😂. Changing the Gamma does change the part of the header you have highlighted. Anyway, I'm not sure where you are going with this, but you can always use the builder yourself and get the colors just the way you like!

Image

Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:13 pm

trackbout wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:56 pm
Yup, I did check that, and you are definitely wrong 😂. Changing the Gamma does change the part of the header you have highlighted. Anyway, I'm not sure where you are going with this, but you can always use the builder yourself and get the colors just the way you like!

Image
This is odd, mine looks different, same way when you showed with Darker setting. Can you zip that skin and send it over? wanna look at it :) also if you used the builder which settings have you used ? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KVRist
284 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:25 pm

accessdune3 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:13 pm
This is odd, mine looks different, same way when you showed with Darker setting. Can you zip that skin and send it over? wanna look at it :) also if you used the builder which settings have you used ? :)
You seem to not be understanding an important detail here, the pictures are not from different skins. There is only ONE skin being used in all of the pictures I posted, and it is the skin I originally linked to right here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn67ctvgkq9a5 ... 0State.zip so download away!

The ONLY thing that is changing in between the pictures I uploaded is the Gamma setting in Zebra.

Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:28 pm

trackbout wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:25 pm
accessdune3 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:13 pm
This is odd, mine looks different, same way when you showed with Darker setting. Can you zip that skin and send it over? wanna look at it :) also if you used the builder which settings have you used ? :)
You seem to not be understanding an important detail here, the pictures are not from different skins. There is only ONE skin being used in all of the pictures I posted, and it is the skin I originally linked to right here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn67ctvgkq9a5 ... 0State.zip so download away!

The ONLY thing that is changing in between the pictures I uploaded is the Gamma setting in Zebra.
Yes, but do you understand that they look entirely different no matter the setting on my end ? :)

User avatar
KVRist
284 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:38 pm

accessdune3 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:28 pm
Yes, but do you understand that they look entirely different no matter the setting on my end ? :)
Yes, fully understood, but I don't think there's anything I can do to help you there, short of shipping you my iMac so you can see exactly what I see 😂. I also did not save the settings I used in the builder as a preset because I did not anticipate the Spanish Inquisition 😂.

Seriously though, the builder is super easy to use. All you have to do is follow the prompts and type in some RGBs. You should give it a go!

Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:51 pm

trackbout wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:38 pm
accessdune3 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:28 pm
Yes, but do you understand that they look entirely different no matter the setting on my end ? :)
Yes, fully understood, but I don't think there's anything I can do to help you there, short of shipping you my iMac so you can see exactly what I see 😂. I also did not save the settings I used in the builder as a preset because I did not anticipate the Spanish Inquisition 😂.

Seriously though, the builder is super easy to use. All you have to do is follow the prompts and type in some RGBs. You should give it a go!
thank you, gonna try to play around :) just a quick question, the color of the background? you got it with the skin?

User avatar
KVRist
284 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:15 am

I started with preset 15 “Superfast” and then I overwrote the colors in the first five sections, but those aren’t background colors they’re the main UI colors, and I then I overwrote the button option with the Bitwig buttons. For every other prompt I just hit the Return key.

Banned
254 posts since 14 Oct, 2020

Post Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:39 am

trackbout wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:15 am
I started with preset 15 “Superfast” and then I overwrote the colors in the first five sections, but those aren’t background colors they’re the main UI colors, and I then I overwrote the button option with the Bitwig buttons. For every other prompt I just hit the Return key.
Thank you! Fixed it :) apearently because you used MAC Os, the builder exports some images somehow "wrong" even tho everything seem to be the same.

I created superfast skin and just copy pasted panes folder from newly built superfast to your (because i like the colours and everything else). Even tho visualy when checking each file everything looks the same but when loaded in Zebra they look different. Now your skin does look like in the screen you posted :) thanks!

User avatar
KVRist
284 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:44 am

Awesome! No worries, glad you figured it out 🙌🏼

KVRer
1 posts since 19 Aug, 2020

Post Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 am

Just wanted to say thanks for making Zebra the most beautiful looking synth ever! went with the blue and swapped out the knobs for the Ableton knobs. Just bought this synth but wasn't crazy about its look n wanted to make it look more minimal/modern. Looks incredible Wombat, thank you so much!

User avatar
KVRAF
4036 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:52 am

I don' t have the option to change skins in the preferences ,is there something I am missing ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “u-he”