KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Branis wrote:It should work if you change the mode of the open dialog to "thumbnail".
no, it doesn't ... here ... :(
besides that, i'd like to stay in details mode anyway ... i.e. in a lot of graphic apps they have a preview side-window attached to the right within the load dialog ... that's what i'd wish for knobman ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote: in a lot of graphic apps they have a preview side-window attached to the right within the load dialog ... that's what i'd wish for knobman ...
+1

Oh, and by the way : thank thank you, g200k ! :D

The preview is very useful to me thanks. I have always had trouble with labels knob 1.00 knob 1.00a knob 1.01 knob 1.01b and those are not the same although in different folders, so this will be very handy for me and perhaps a little organization on my part...but that will never happen...

so it works for you, you can see the thumbnails???
if so, can someone point me out what i'm doing wrong?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

sorry if this is simplistic, but did you right click on the reg file and then "merge it"?
I've found that more reliable for some reason than double clicking.
..what goes around comes around..

I should add that it doesn't render all of the knob previews for me consistently, and I suspect it takes a while for the large files to be rendered, even just thumbnails.
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:sorry if this is simplistic, but did you right click on the reg file and then "merge it"?
I've found that more reliable for some reason than double clicking.
tried that too ... still no go ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

brok landers wrote:so it works for you, you can see the thumbnails???
if so, can someone point me out what i'm doing wrong?
NO it doesn't. I have mistaken one thing for another. My error. I will look at it agian this tonight.

Wow gets better and better. The Thumbnails didn't work for me until I opened up a project then saved it, then that one showed up and all the others just stayed as a file icon. I agree a preview window would be good.

Dunks wrote:Wow gets better and better. The Thumbnails didn't work for me until I opened up a project then saved it, then that one showed up and all the others just stayed as a file icon. I agree a preview window would be good.
did try that, too ... still i get no thumbnail .... i can "open with" the internal windows picture viewer, so the graphic is embedded into the file for sure, but i can't have it to become the document icon, nor can i see it in the foldersidebar of an open folder by selecting it ...

the .knob icons still all look like that, even after re-saving them:

and here, to the left, they should be previewed when selected, if not in thumbnail mode, right?:

so what am i doing wrong?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

brok landers wrote:
Dunks wrote:Wow gets better and better. The Thumbnails didn't work for me until I opened up a project then saved it, then that one showed up and all the others just stayed as a file icon. I agree a preview window would be good.
did try that, too ... still i get no thumbnail .... i can "open with" the internal windows picture viewer, so the graphic is embedded into the file for sure, but i can't have it to become the document icon, nor can i see it in the foldersidebar of an open folder by selecting it ...

the .knob icons still all look like that, even after re-saving them:

and here, to the left, they should be previewed when selected, if not in thumbnail mode, right?:

so what am i doing wrong?
hello,
displayed "FabricStar.knob" (3,59KB) seems old file.
in Ver.1.17 the "FabricStar.knob" is 205KB.

all .knob files in the knobman117.zip are already re-saved. can you confirm?

I have image converter on my computer and that will show the image of the knob from the .knob file. it is only displayed as a file however.

Perhaps I have installed it incorrectly?

g200kg wrote:
hello,
displayed "FabricStar.knob" (3,59KB) seems old file.
in Ver.1.17 the "FabricStar.knob" is 205KB.

all .knob files in the knobman117.zip are already re-saved. can you confirm?
hi g200kg, thanks for getting back to me so quick! :)

yes, i can confirm, "FabricStar.knob" is 205KB.
i was using my other computer (it's the only one connected to the internet)
for screenshotting ...
so here's the screenshot from my main DAW:

as you can see, there's no preview, nor an icon that looks like the knob ... ;)

and what do you say on my idea to have a preview window in the open dialog?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

g200kg I would like to make a few suggestions. I am not a programmer so I have no idea if these would be possible or if the time spent on such requests would be of any real use to the programs development.

1. I would like to be able to move the layer tabs to a vertical position.

2. When working with alignment in horizontal mode it would be nice if I could view the knobs above the modeling tools.

3. I would be great of I was able to adjust the display area or move the tool around so that it is configured in a manner that works best for me. I use some modeling tools much more then others.

These suggestions are not very high priority as they concern work flow. Thanks so much for developing this and for your continue attention to it.

brok landers wrote:as you can see, there's no preview, nor an icon that looks like the knob ... ;)

and what do you say on my idea to have a preview window in the open dialog?
hmmmm...
1. Is a normal PNG file can be thumnailed?
2. How about rename the "FabricStar.knob" to "FabricStar.png"?
3. In the registory [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.knob\ShellEx\{{BB2E617C-0920-11D1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}}], default value = REG_SZ {7376D660-C583-11d0-A3A5-00C04FD706EC} is set correctly?

I'm not sure why not displayed... :?

About open dialog, I know :) anyway i think the image data had better to be combined to the data file. this is just a first step :)

----------
And noone can see thumnail on Vista?

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”