Who is better the Beatles or Led Zeppelin

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When it comes to Zep these days, I prefer to listen to Jimmy's acoustic playing.

Though I just learned 'Misty Mountain Hop.' :oops:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

in what tuning?

nm I was thinking going to cali
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hard to answer. It depends on the day. It flip flops. I listen to the Abbey Road CD a lot. But I tend to listen/watch more of Led Zeppelin at YouTube, especially anything from The Song Remains The Same.

The title of Midnight Oil's song The Power And The Passion fits Led Zeppelin more than the Beatles, IMHO at least.

Today, Led Zeppelin is my answer. Yesterday too. Tomorrow Never Knows. Your Mother Should Know.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

himalaya wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:31 pm The Beatles led Zeppelin.
The second half of this song sounds like it to me but the song is a few years late?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAe2Q_LhY8g

For overall songwriting variety and influence, The Beatles. I prefer listening to Zep though.

"Does anybody remember laughter" "PUSH! PUSH!"

Enough said. :roll: :P

Like most guitarists, I got tired of requests for Stairway. So, a long while ago, another guitarist asked me if I knew it. I kept modulating the key a step up for every position in the run and he said:

"You know you're playing that wrong, don't you?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

perfumer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:45 pm Led Zappelin sucks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH6i9JAdJrQ

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 pm "Does anybody remember laughter" "PUSH! PUSH!"
This reminds me of a baby being delivered... and the mother.

All you need is love to get to the stairway to heaven. :borg:

Can't say who is the best, but they are both indispensable. :band:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

There's far too much more interesting music in the world for me to go out of my way to listen to either.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:15 pm
dellboy wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:25 am On KVR, anything with the word "Beatles" always ends up getting locked.
On which page?
jimmy.

Kind of apples vs oranges comparison. I like certain things by both but I don't do a whole lot of revisiting the past, not to be *just* a snob. I saw LZ on the LZ II tour, they were great. I was 14 or like that though.

THAT SAID:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hriXimC2xWw

If you were ever expected to recreate the guitar solo on this, this is for you.

This is the second most important philosophical question of all time after "Which is better - a hedgehog or a bottle of creosote?". :cry:

If starving with only those those choices, baked hedgehog surprise may be the best on the menu, but nailing a hedgehog to a roof in the rainforest would not stop it rotting.

Although the original question seems a bit more sensible - I don't think it is by as much as people assume.

"What is better?" has already been pointed out as having no real definition. Apples and Oranges. :wink:

I am another who loves both, plus such disparate music as Holst, Ladytron, Ralph McTell, London Grammar, Echobelly, Evanescence and Bif Naked. To name a very few. :party:

I just have a feel for some track or album at a particular time for some totally unconscious reason, which pretty much changes every time.

If in front of a firing squad at this moment right now today, if I had to answer to avoid being shot, I would say the passion and drive of Led Zeppelin would give them the edge over all the other winning qualities of the Beatles. BUT - In a minute's time???

daddy or chips?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”