When electronic music sounded new, like the future... what went wrong!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my own private idaho was a good flick. there were earlier ones that got forgotten by google AI tho. even my mom told me i should watch one of them that google cannot find rn.

Dasheesh wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:16 am my own private idaho was a good flick. there were earlier ones that got forgotten by google AI tho. even my mom told me i should watch one of them that google cannot find rn.
mandela effect.

he also did knock knock, which i bet he wishes poogle would forget. terrible film! not even saved by a threesome in a shower :shrug:

is he made of wood?
nice guy though.

the matrix was around long before the matrix movies as well.
gibson.

vurt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:55 am the matrix was around long before the matrix movies as well.
gibson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfzigMhTPhI

the analogue matrix was better.

Reeves in Much Ado About Nothing turned it into a tragedy.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:34 pm Reeves in Much Ado About Nothing turned it into a tragedy.
i always found mortimer to be the funnier of the two.

you wouldn't let it lie!

I've been thinking about this again, and it occurs to me, an important aspect of our present and our visions of the future, is that we've gotten really good at holding onto the past -- in digital form -- and remixing it.

A lot of the music, movies, etc. of the last 50 years tend to be easy to access from anywhere at any time. And the tools to turn them into something new keep getting better. There's that MyHeritage thing that will bring old photographs "to life" like a Harry Potter magical portrait. There's a website that, through machine learning, "listened" to a bunch of death metal and generated a continuous mix of death-metal-simulacrum schlock.

Our future is made up of the past. But then thinking about it, maybe that was kind of always true... visions of space exploration were a lot like British colonists or American cowboy movies except in "the final frontier." The popular image of robots was just to replace human slaves, servants, laborers and soldiers ("robot" actually coming from the Czech word for "slave"). Arguably, even the Singularity or uploading ourselves to computers is kind of a rehash of ancient religious ideas of transcending our mortal bodies and living among godlike beings.

On another note, someone responded on a thread about "hauntology:"
The idea that novelty or "progress" in music is important - or even desirable - is itself largely a product of capitalism. Compare, for example, the mid-60s commercial singles market and any traditional culture w/music at its core.

i have your answer, the future is full of stepping frequencies at 2* over sampling. ridiculous. i'm "this close" to winding up all VA not by choice. it's because it's the only thing that behaves correctly.

Its possible Ive posted this ten times, not so sorry;

This is where electronic music went-
https://soundcloud.com/beatsbyleet/10k-mix

Its Analog Worms 2.0.
We did it.
Fuckin... party. :party:
I cannot get enough.
ImageImageImageImage

I listened to a country station on my way home today. I stopped on it because I like "Toes," by the Zac Brown Band, but everything after it was so generic and formulaic. Even worse, it was clearly following the pop music formula--same choruses, chants, melodies, intonations, just with a singer with a southern twang and excessive vocal croaking. Once in a while a good song comes up, but damn the rest.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

stop doing what we are told. time to revive the underground. the most hilarious part about all this is the underground has been hiding in pop music all along. time to go next level. bring SOMETHING to the table, it doesn't have to be everything, and it doesn't have to be perfect, it has to be SOMETHING.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:13 pm stop doing what we are told.
who is telling you what to do?

many of us are bringing something, it's you that keeps saying the tools don't do what they should!
you do something!

oh, and there are underground things happening. you're just too mainstream to know :P

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”