NI 80s Drummer Octobans Demo?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

One of the reasons that I am interested in Native Instruments's 80s Drummer is that the product includes octoban samples. I can't seem to find other libraries that have an octoban included, and I am already accustomed to using Studio Drummer.

Has anyone composed any demos that make use of the octobans? As a Police fan, I would love to be able to use octobans (that sounds like Stewart Copeland's octobans) in my compositions.

I'm looking forward to responses.
Thank you.

Search "Øon3 Rocket Drum KONTAKT" on Google... Are Free for Kontakt... I'm a Police maniac too! ;-)

Hm thank you! I'll take a listen.

Still, I am wondering what the 80s Drummer octobans sound like, since they probably have a greater number of velocity layers.

Don't know, this library I have is just 10 mb circa but sounds good to Me!

I was just settling all my libraries in the new hard disk, I found this and you have recommended! You're welcome! :-)

Unfortunately, those aren't quite what I have in mind.
Has anyone at KVR used the '80s Drummer library octobans in a demo that I can play?

Over Copeland I just suggest you to see some Youtube video of Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson, Genesis)...

Over Copeland I just suggest you to see some Youtube video of Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson, Genesis)...

Okay, I am certainly willing to listen to other drummers, but I am not sure whether I can rephrase my initial question in any other way.

I wish to know whether '80s Drummer has octobans that I can use, which requires that I listen to a demo that showcases the octobans. I doubt that I can justify a purchase either way, but I am still interested. There are few demos and videos available online.

Forgive Me, I'm Italian, it's not my language... :-)

I'll try to throw a quick demo together tomorrow afternoon.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I have to apologize. I just realized that I don't have 80s Drummer. I was thinking of the Roto-Toms in 70s Drummer. Sorry for the confusion!
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Anyone?

Here you go. All 8 octabans in quick succession:

https://app.box.com/s/y05qqsliw1fspyp11n36

Thank you.

So... do the octobans have that articulation by default, or did you simply demonstrate round robin for each octoban? Each one sounds like a snare drum roll.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”