Ultimate Guitar Kit -- now available for free download

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for your generosity :D
Play it by ear

This sounds very nice. Thank you. :)

Dammit -- I'll have to wait till the weekend to play with it... *sulk* ;-)

Geoff, I can say thanks in advance with complete confidence of being blown away when I get to hear it. (sfz mappings some time after lunch on Saturday, I reckon :D.)

The picking sounds very convincing!

Good Job :o

Hey this is really great!! Thanx so much for putting this together! AND for making it free! very generous of you! :D
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

this is a good quality soundfont but I'm afraid that there's so much vibrato on this bad boy that I'm not going to be able to find many useful applications for it.

Very cool. Thank you.

Between this and Amplitube I can finally do some decent solos. :)

butter wrote:this is a good quality soundfont but I'm afraid that there's so much vibrato on this bad boy that I'm not going to be able to find many useful applications for it.
Only the loudest velocity layer has that rock/blues vibrato on it -- the middle and low layers have no vibrato whatsoever. If you're still getting vibrato on those layers, you might want to check the sampler you're using.

LBN wrote:Very cool. Thank you.

Between this and Amplitube I can finally do some decent solos. :)
Yeah, if you have Amplitube, I guarantee that you can get amazing results. Sometimes when I put the guitar soundfont through Amplitude I forget whether it's real or synthesized. The next day when I come back to the song, I'll say "Wait, did I record that guitar track in?" And then I have to check... :)

Also, there's one articulation that I left out in the current release -- which are whole-step slides. Would this be useful? Should I upload a new version? It'll add a few megs to the filesize. :)

geoffkhan
thanks for your work :wink:
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

8) 8) wow 8) 8)

you´re a star! :hail:
peace, Image

butter wrote:this is a good quality soundfont but I'm afraid that there's so much vibrato on this bad boy that I'm not going to be able to find many useful applications for it.
I had that problem too (everything I played sounded like REM!) until I realised that I was playing it all at max velocity (I was using my laptop rather than a proper keyboard).

Trust me - playing this with the EnergyXT arpeggiator, a couple of instances of Tubebaby and Kaerhaus Classic Auto-Filter is a whole evening's worth of fun :D

Regards,

Derek.
Less than 1000 posts and writer's block has set in :-(

geoffkhan wrote:Also, there's one articulation that I left out in the current release -- which are whole-step slides. Would this be useful? Should I upload a new version? It'll add a few megs to the filesize. :)
That would be ueber-cool. Maybe have two versions - the original and the articulated one.

I am also in for the added articulation(s). It's so hard to emulate some things like that.

Koolkeys

Derek up North wrote:
I had that problem too (everything I played sounded like REM!) until I realised that I was playing it all at max velocity (I was using my laptop rather than a proper keyboard).

Trust me - playing this with the EnergyXT arpeggiator, a couple of instances of Tubebaby and Kaerhaus Classic Auto-Filter is a whole evening's worth of fun :D

Regards,

Derek.
Don't forget to put in a tad of delay and a bit of reverb. Even when applied subtly, it really fills things out.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”