Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quietzone wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:04 am For any new users considering the Korg v2 bundle, get the Korg nanokontrol2 for around $50 and among the included software is the M1 LE. Then you can do M1 LE to v2 bundle for $199.

So $250 total and you get some hardware (and you can resell plenty of the remaining included software like UVI digital synsations, the Ableton live coupon, etc to further bring your cost down).
For new users i'd consider waiting for the prices to drop again. m1le -> collection was $99 a month ago :wink:

[deleted by user]

quietzone wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:50 am
Vleker wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:43 am
quietzone wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:04 am For any new users considering the Korg v2 bundle, get the Korg nanokontrol2 for around $50 and among the included software is the M1 LE. Then you can do M1 LE to v2 bundle for $199.

So $250 total and you get some hardware (and you can resell plenty of the remaining included software like UVI digital synsations, the Ableton live coupon, etc to further bring your cost down).
For new users i'd consider waiting for the prices to drop again. m1le -> collection was $99 a month ago :wink:
Definitely, going to wait it out myself to upgrade from M1 LE. I meant it more for new users wanting to buy into v2 for Triton now.
Same! They seem fun to play with and since the hardware is quite expensive they're a nice addition to my collection (even though I've been tempted to pick up a M1 2nd hand). But yeah, if you want the triton that's the best route, however check your local area for 2nd hand hardware ones. I've seen one for around €300!

This Korg upgrade deal makes no sense... I have Korg Collection V2 with everything except the Triton and am expected to pony up $149 which basically amounts to $149 for just the Triton, whereas others get the whole collection for $299.
Huh!!!!!

kelvyn wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 am This Korg upgrade deal makes no sense... I have Korg Collection V2 with everything except the Triton and am expected to pony up $149 which basically amounts to $149 for just the Triton, whereas others get the whole collection for $299.
Huh!!!!!
Yeah, Korg is notoriously bad with their customers - except some nice products.

kelvyn wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 am This Korg upgrade deal makes no sense... I have Korg Collection V2 with everything except the Triton and am expected to pony up $149 which basically amounts to $149 for just the Triton, whereas others get the whole collection for $299.
Huh!!!!!
I felt a big slap in the face from Korg because of how this V2 was introduced/handled: New users are very welcome VS We really don't care much for already existing users/customers.

Unfortunately (for me) I've always had a soft-spot for Korg, having learned what I know about subtractive synthesis on a Korg MS-10 as a kid and lusted over their catalogs synths sections (before the Internet), so maybe that's why I quickly jumped in the original Korg Legacy Collection when I was able to (at full price, ...again, unfortunately for me, there were no Sales for it at that time).
Went the same route with all their iOS apps and easily upgraded the KLC to include the Arp Odyssey because it was a fair upg price, IMHO.
Even went the Gadgets for PC route as well (not needing it TBH!)

...but enough is enough. This v2 upgrade price was the final wake-up call I was needing regarding how Korg views older customers i.e. me.

Heck, I've even realized that I would be upgrading to keep my stupid "need to keep up with Korg's VSTs" thing but actually and thanks to this, I just realize I have no actual practical use for a Triton VST, so... yay :P

Sold all my KORG stuff years ago and never regretted it.
Enough other gems on my harddisk.

LOL.. you could try to sell them. See if there are takers. But most of that stuff was given away free anyways. I know I got copies for UVI Digital Synsations 1 and Ableton and Reason Lite for free.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Calenberger wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:46 pm Sold all my KORG stuff years ago and never regretted it.
Enough other gems on my harddisk.
I need to keep the MS-20 for... uh... sentimental reasons :scared:
telecode wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:57 pmmost of that stuff was given away free anyways. I know I got copies for UVI Digital Synsations 1 and Ableton and Reason Lite for free.
Aren't those UVI DS1 usually NFR's !?

I know I have a free one, a NFR one (someone gave it to me, it has Korg in the serial, I think) and the one(s) included in VV1+VV2

...speaking of which, if I hadn't spent enough on 3 UVI suites recently, I would've upgraded to VV3 :P ...but, unfortunately, life'n'stuff... :oops:

Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm ...speaking of which, if I hadn't spent enough on 3 UVI suites recently, I would've upgraded to VV3 :P ...but, unfortunately, life'n'stuff... :oops:
I am really liking the UVI Digital Synsations. My upgrade price for VV3 is $349. Is that a decent deal?

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm ...speaking of which, if I hadn't spent enough on 3 UVI suites recently, I would've upgraded to VV3 :P ...but, unfortunately, life'n'stuff... :oops:
I am really liking the UVI Digital Synsations. My upgrade price for VV3 is $349. Is that a decent deal?
If you only own 1 UVI product (free?), that's not a bad deal, given that the full price is $599, you're getting 41% discount, if my math is right... though currently it's only $399 intro price, but still, it's a nice discount on top of the current sale for an "upgrade", I guess :)

[deleted by user]

Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 pm
If you only own 1 UVI product (free?), that's not a bad deal, given that the full price is $599, you're getting 41% discount, if my math is right... though currently it's only $399 intro price, but still, it's a nice discount on top of the current sale for an "upgrade", I guess :)
yes. its 41% off. Not bad. Only thing holding be back. I have too many VSTs. All of Arturia. All of NI. Plus some. :-(

But I like the sound of that Japanese Synth collection.

telecode wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:22 am
Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 pm
yes. its 41% off. Not bad. Only thing holding be back. I have too many VSTs. All of Arturia. All of NI. Plus some. :-(

But I like the sound of that Japanese Synth collection.
The UVI pricing is most unfair ever.
I own 11 UVI products, I've invested many, many hundreds for those.
The price of VV3 for me is € 299, note that for me the price is in euros,
which means $ 333. No voucher given to me.

So, for me, owner of 11 UVI products VV3 = $ 333,
for you, invested 0 so far to UVI, VV3 = $ 399.
Fair?

On my behalf, UVI can f**k off, they can stuff their VV3 where the sun doesn't shine. :x

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”