Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will there be a dedicated Black Friday thread which lists all upcoming deals?

martinjuenke wrote:Will there be a dedicated Black Friday thread which lists all upcoming deals?
Well, George from DiscoDSP usually does the Black Friday, but he's been M.I.A. for a while with what is believed to be a health issue.

It would be good if someone trustworthy would step up to handle those duties this year.

jsp1979 wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Will there be a dedicated Black Friday thread which lists all upcoming deals?
Well, George from DiscoDSP usually does the Black Friday, but he's been M.I.A. for a while with what is believed to be a health issue.

It would be good if someone trustworthy would step up to handle those duties this year.
Thanks for volunteering your time and effort on this project. :clap:

Got an e-mail today for a crossgrade to AIR Vacuum Classic (a monosynth version of Vacuum Pro) and Boom (a drum machine featuring a staggering 10...yes 10 kits!!!), the combined cost of both upgrades being £40 more than I bought the entire AIEP bundle last year.

Why exactly would I spend more money crossgrading to a less functional version of a synth I already own, especially when the full version often sells on sale for less than the "classic" version?

shonky wrote:Got an e-mail today for a crossgrade to AIR Vacuum Classic (a monosynth version of Vacuum Pro) and Boom (a drum machine featuring a staggering 10...yes 10 kits!!!), the combined cost of both upgrades being £40 more than I bought the entire AIEP bundle last year.

Why exactly would I spend more money crossgrading to a less functional version of a synth I already own, especially when the full version often sells on sale for less than the "classic" version?
Yes, I had to re-read the emails to see if I was missing something. Nope, I wasn't.

I suspect they won't be selling many at that price.

Or the Loom II upgrade...

jsp1979 wrote:
Yes, I had to re-read the emails to see if I was missing something. Nope, I wasn't.

Does seem a rather strange long-term strategy they've been pursuing over the last few years

Devalue products through constant promotions.
Offer cheap crossgrade prices to full bundle.
Introduce disappointing upgrades for equivalent prices to that which people bought the full bundle.
Introduce "lite" versions that are more expensive than the price for which the full version costs through constant sales over most of the year.

shonky wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:

Does seem a rather strange long-term strategy they've been pursuing over the last few years

Devalue products through constant promotions.
Offer cheap crossgrade prices to full bundle.
Introduce disappointing upgrades for equivalent prices to that which people bought the full bundle.
Introduce "lite" versions that are more expensive than the price for which the full version costs through constant sales over most of the year.
Not to mention the resale value for AiR stuff here is pretty bad. Then you have to pay iLok fees on top of that ...

I have a problem of being mildly addicted to u-he synths now. Eventually I’ll run out of them to buy, I guess.

Anyone knows if NI will be offering discounts on Black Friday?
I'm such a robot when it comes to work.

I was a bit confused about the vacuum classic. I was wondering how does it sound compared to vacuum pro though. Does anyone know if the u-he survey code is the same for everyone. I filled out the survey last week and still haven't gotten the code. I wanted to get repro-1 to get the free upgrade when it comes out.

systmu wrote:I was a bit confused about the vacuum classic. I was wondering how does it sound compared to vacuum pro though.
Pretty much the same as the original without as many envelopes, the dual layering and that delay/unison thingy from the VTOs of its predecessor.

Really not sure quite why you couldn't just switch the original to mono and keep the additional functionality (including the whopping 6 voice polyphony).

For reference, the full RRP only seems to be around £7 less than Repro 1 on Plugin Boutique, although I'm guessing it probably won't sell that many copies at that price and will be heavily discounted in the not too distant future.

I decided to buy Sample Logic Expeditions while on intro-price, and man, I'm glad I did. There's so many sounds and multis, really great sounds. You can play and customize with it a lot. I highly recommend it while it's on sale.

Yep, you’re right. Great library for ethnically inspired compositions. Those guys at SampleLogic did it again. Good stuff indeed.

systmu wrote:Does anyone know if the u-he survey code is the same for everyone. I filled out the survey last week and still haven't gotten the code. I wanted to get repro-1 to get the free upgrade when it comes out.
The code is not the same. There's a thread about it in the u-he section. Ask there what happened to yours.

systmu wrote:Does anyone know if the u-he survey code is the same for everyone. I filled out the survey last week and still haven't gotten the code. I wanted to get repro-1 to get the free upgrade when it comes out.
can't you get repro-1 cheaper at the resellers? GROUP at jrr gives 16% off vs the 15% coupon, and there's no VAT (if that's an issue where you are).

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”