Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sqigls wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Links for Gem EQ550 are now active. :hyper:
now i can't authorise because the plugin tells me i'm not on the internet.
no offline auth either?
step by step...
Same here, not had a problem with their other GEMs.
Just authorised a PA online fine.

Disabling antivirus/firewall didnt help.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

No, i think we're gonna have to download an update in the next day or two.
I've tried two different internet connections.

Hey what's the go with these magnet-like centre indent things on the frequency knobs!?
If they can't be disabled i can't use this thing. The energy required to get the pot out of the indent then has the pot flying madly to the the next indent, it's beyond frustrating and totally unusable for someone relying on a soft touch (ie macbook trackpad 2-finger scroll).

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
sqigls wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Links for Gem EQ550 are now active. :hyper:
now i can't authorise because the plugin tells me i'm not on the internet.
no offline auth either?
step by step...
Well, the site isn't even loading currently so you are doing better than many of us :tu:
So when it says I don't appear to be online, it means they aren't?

Just got my free overloud Gem 550.

It's nice to see overloud doing some goodwill marketing finally. For a company that makes some great sounding plugins, but one that never had compelling pricing or sales (hence why I don't own any of their stuff), it's REALLY nice to see them opening up and beginning to market better.

Kudos to OverLoud!! They're gaining goodwill points in my book finally. Keep it up. Offer some compelling discounts and I'll begin buying from them finally. Good to see!

Edit: Yeah, I'm getting that offline registration error too. I'm sure they'll be hearing about it from everyone so I won't bother telling them. I'll just wait it out.

Regarding the problem not registering the Overloud Gem 550 let me quote a reply from gearslutz:
Hello,
We are having an unusual load on our server, due to the big amount of request we are receiving.
I suggest you to retry in the next hours or later today.
We apologise for this issue.

Best regards,
Gabriele-Overloud Team
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Overloud

I wonder if these plugs try to phone home as they all load a lot quicker when I disconnect from the interenet. I just tried several times with the same results. They take twice as long to load when disconnected.

Im referring to the GEMs, both registered ones and the new one not yet registered
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Overloud

I wonder if these plugs try to phone home as they all load a lot quicker when I disconnect from the interenet. I just tried several times with the same results. They take twice as long to load when disconnected.

Im referring to the GEMs, both registered ones and the new one not yet registered
They are calling Mom, that they'll come late to dinner. :party:

Is anybody here able to reach Overloud's website?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Is anybody here able to reach Overloud's website?
It seems to be timing out. Looks like it got hugged to death.

Gamma-UT wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Is anybody here able to reach Overloud's website?
It seems to be timing out. Looks like it got hugged to death.
Thanks! Given that others have reported getting it during this time, I was starting to think it was just me.

Got in and out with the gem. Waiting time about 10 minutes. Cheers!

has anyone managed to REGISTER it yet?

and yes, they do phone home

sqigls wrote:has anyone managed to REGISTER it yet?

and yes, they do phone home
Yeah, I did, installing and online-authorization took about 3 minutes. I´ve already reported of the first impressions of the plugin, a couple of comments back.

plugin keeps telling me I'm offline, shitting me up the wall
server slammed

sqigls wrote:plugin keeps telling me I'm offline, shitting me up the wall
server slammed
that's the reason I try to avoid always online plugins. apparently you can have a offline license on a usb stick? (but probably would have to activate first online i guess)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”