Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tappistry wrote:Finally, a sale on Acon DeVerberate! Gonna give Uncle E some business. :tu:
I noticed that. Is that a good price on it?

hey folks

What's the cheapest third party product that's eligible for a crossgrade to Kontakt 5? (besides the free Drumica).

thanks
Last edited by cocoazenith on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cocoazenith wrote:hey folks

What's the cheapest way to crossgrade to Kontakt 5 besides Drumica?

thanks
Wait for a sale?

If you have other player instruments, they might get you a crossgrade. Link to check: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ade-offer/

hey dzilizzi,

yeah, i know about that. but i was wondering if someone knows what's the cheapest product from that list of third party products (besides drummic'a). i've updated my question.

Uncle E wrote: Bitwig’s US distributor told me it’s only for upgrading V1. However, you might want to check with Bitwig directly about it.
aMUSEd wrote: I really need to know, actually put it in my cart thinking it was usable then had second thoughts so could do with a quick answer.
Same here. Any luck finding an answer?

It's strange that Bitwig isn't making available an obvious v2 annual plan upgrade.

From the BWS Website Shop:

"BITWIG STUDIO UPGRADE PLAN
Renew your upgrade plan for another 12 months.
Extend an existing upgrade plan for another 12 months or upgrade from Bitwig Studio 1 and get 12 months of upgrades."

This sounds to me as if there is only one "upgrade", no matter what version you come from.
But I have no official confirmation on this.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thanks, Tom! I will run that by Bitwig's US distributor.

Uncle E wrote:Thanks, Tom! I will run that by Bitwig's US distributor.
You're welcome - my girlfriend recently bought the update from you, but she actually WAS updating from version 1 (finally :D ), so I can't absolutely confirm that it works for extending 2.x. :wink:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

cocoazenith wrote:hey dzilizzi,

yeah, i know about that. but i was wondering if someone knows what's the cheapest product from that list of third party products (besides drummic'a). i've updated my question.
Your best bet if you don't want to use Drummic'a is to find a player library second hand or during a sale. Every so often there is a great sale on a player library that will upgrade.

SonicCouture's instruments run on the player and are on sale right now. But they are a little pricey, even on sale. (great products though)

Soundiron's Hyperion Strings Micro on intro sale is $39 at the moment (might be until sometime next week). Not sure if it's the cheapest, but it's got to be close.

Worth pointing out: You can get a Drummic'a serial for free. You don't have to install or use the library to get the crossgrade price. The serial is all you need to register the product in Native Access to qualify for crossgrade pricing.

ThomasHelzle wrote:From the BWS Website Shop:

"BITWIG STUDIO UPGRADE PLAN
Renew your upgrade plan for another 12 months.
Extend an existing upgrade plan for another 12 months or upgrade from Bitwig Studio 1 and get 12 months of upgrades."

This sounds to me as if there is only one "upgrade", no matter what version you come from.
But I have no official confirmation on this.

Cheers,

Tom
Bitwig's US distributor told me that he simply sees it written as "Bitwig Studio 2 12 Month Upgrade Plan" in his price sheet. Thus, I think your understanding of it is correct and that it will also upgrade Bitwig Studio 2 owners.

Gamma-UT wrote:Soundiron's Hyperion Strings Micro on intro sale is $39 at the moment (might be until sometime next week). Not sure if it's the cheapest, but it's got to be close.
I have a number of Soundiron products and very none of them are registered through Native Access, so I don't think they will work. Some of Embertone's are and they get fairly cheap at times.

Hyperion strings is a KP library - they’ve released a number recently, mostly by upgrading existing libraries to KP.

Gamma-UT wrote:Hyperion strings is a KP library - they’ve released a number recently, mostly by upgrading existing libraries to KP.
That would be nice. I currently have to browse for them all. And I have things like Mars & Venus.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”