Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit: Wrong topic.
Last edited by Lotuz2019 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:05 pm
pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:59 pm
krabbencutter wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:41 pm
pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm ...
Horizon has an MSRP of $3,999 so future WUP cost for Horizon alone will already be at the $240 cap. That means when you purchase WUP for Horizon you can add as many plugins & bundles as you like and don't have to pay a single cent more.
The only case, where you might exceed $240 would be, if some plugins are doubles or if some plugins still have an active WUP.
Thanks for the input! Do I understand you correctly: If I select all plugins in my account as the base for upgrade, and I choose Horizon as my bundle, *all* plugins will be updated to v11, even those that are not actually part of Horizon?

Otherwise, WUP for everything in my account actually already reaches the $240 cap so maybe WUP:ing makes more sense in my case than upgrading a subset of my plugins to Horizon?
I was talking about "one year from now" and what effect an upgrade to Horizon now would have on your future WUP-Game. If you select all your plugins in the upgrade-panel and then click on one of the upgrade-options, it'll show you which selected plugins you're going to trade-in.

everyPlugin.com wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:36 pm
citidela wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 am Will Waves Distortion bundle be available in resellers? I saw it separately in everyplugin but not all together. :P
Available now.
Koby
oh my! here we go again...
Thanks Koby!

pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm I need some advice on Waves upgrades. I've got a big bunch of various Waves plugins (most v9, some v10), and also some smaller bundles (e.g. signature bundles and SSL). I've learned that it's better to upgrade to bundles during sales than to pay WUP, so I thought maybe now is a good time. (Actually I missed their Black Friday offer completely, but I think Cyber Monday is just as good as far as upgrades go??)

I wonder if you can give me some general advice, like which bundle is most price worthy? I can get Horizon for a reasonable price ($116), for example, and it seems to cover a lot of what I have. But then I'm not sure what to do with the plugins that are not part of Horizon. I own various Abbey Road plugins for example. Do I find suitable bundles for the rest of the plugins too. I'll quickly be over the WUP charge then probably.

And the most fundamental question really: Most of my plugins are v9 and I'm running on Windows. Is upgrading to v11 really worth the cost? The Renaissance suite has been improved, I know, but maybe trying to update all my plugins to v11 is really just a waste of money as long as v9 still works well??

Grateful for any wise suggestions! :hug:
Horizon has an MSRP of $3,999 so future WUP cost for Horizon alone will already be at the $240 cap. That means when you purchase WUP for Horizon you can add as many plugins & bundles as you like and don't have to pay a single cent more.
The only case, where you might exceed $240 would be, if some plugins are doubles or if some plugins still have an active WUP.
Thanks for the input! Do I understand you correctly: If I select all plugins in my account as the base for upgrade, and I choose Horizon as my bundle, *all* plugins will be updated to v11, even those that are not actually part of Horizon?

Otherwise, WUP for everything in my account actually already reaches the $240 cap so maybe WUP:ing makes more sense in my case than upgrading a subset of my plugins to Horizon?
Only one suggestion: This is the best time to upgrade to Horizon and get yourself on to V11, so if you have the money, get it and forget it. Don't ever think about WUP. Upgrading once in a while, when possible, is much better than WUP. :tu:

I am on V11 for all my stuff until next year and don't have enough to spend on the upgrade, so I might upgrade to Horizon during next Black Friday. :)

citidela wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 pm
everyPlugin.com wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:36 pm
citidela wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 am Will Waves Distortion bundle be available in resellers? I saw it separately in everyplugin but not all together. :P
Available now.
Koby
oh my! here we go again...
Thanks Koby!
Too awesome a deal to let it go I guess. You get like 5 plugins for around $45.

The Waves distortion bundle reminds me of NI Crush Pack. :)

Ran across some better prices for Rob Papen this morning over at Thomann. Plugins from $25 up.
https://m.thomannmusic.com/search.html?q=Rob%20Papen

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 pm
pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:56 pm I need some advice on Waves upgrades. I've got a big bunch of various Waves plugins (most v9, some v10), and also some smaller bundles (e.g. signature bundles and SSL). I've learned that it's better to upgrade to bundles during sales than to pay WUP, so I thought maybe now is a good time. (Actually I missed their Black Friday offer completely, but I think Cyber Monday is just as good as far as upgrades go??)

I wonder if you can give me some general advice, like which bundle is most price worthy? I can get Horizon for a reasonable price ($116), for example, and it seems to cover a lot of what I have. But then I'm not sure what to do with the plugins that are not part of Horizon. I own various Abbey Road plugins for example. Do I find suitable bundles for the rest of the plugins too. I'll quickly be over the WUP charge then probably.

And the most fundamental question really: Most of my plugins are v9 and I'm running on Windows. Is upgrading to v11 really worth the cost? The Renaissance suite has been improved, I know, but maybe trying to update all my plugins to v11 is really just a waste of money as long as v9 still works well??

Grateful for any wise suggestions! :hug:

Only one suggestion: This is the best time to upgrade to Horizon and get yourself on to V11, so if you have the money, get it and forget it. Don't ever think about WUP. Upgrading once in a while, when possible, is much better than WUP. :tu:

I am on V11 for all my stuff until next year and don't have enough to spend on the upgrade, so I might upgrade to Horizon during next Black Friday. :)
Thanks a lot for your suggestions! Much appreciated!

BBFG# wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:22 pm Ran across some better prices for Rob Papen this morning over at Thomann. Plugins from $25 up.
https://m.thomannmusic.com/search.html?q=Rob%20Papen
Worth trawling through their site.

I see quite a few things way cheaper than JRR for instance.
EG Audified Compressor and Saturator are $40 less

and quite a few other things $4 less
EG Flux

Those are just examples I checked quickly
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Heres a good one

Ableton Suite upgrade
https://m.thomannmusic.com/ableton_live ... _suite.htm

Almost £40 less than I see anywhere else.

I quote british pounds as Im a Brit

That is an insanely good price - too bad I upgraded directly from Ableton over the weekend :(.

I really want to take advantage of the Liquidsonics BF deals. What are people's experiences with their reverbs?

dangayle wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:39 pm I really want to take advantage of the Liquidsonics BF deals. What are people's experiences with their reverbs?
Outstanding

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:29 pm Heres a good one
Ableton Suite upgrade
Almost £40 less than I see anywhere else. I quote british pounds as Im a Brit
The problem with their site is that they give an estimate for prices in pounds and when you get to the payment screen the exchange rate has changed by 5 to 10 percent which often makes them more expensive.
Sneaky tactics.

agharta wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:42 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:29 pm Heres a good one
Ableton Suite upgrade
Almost £40 less than I see anywhere else. I quote british pounds as Im a Brit
The problem with their site is that they give an estimate for prices in pounds and when you get to the payment screen the exchange rate has changed by 5 to 10 percent which often makes them more expensive.
Sneaky tactics.
I bought something, used the american site and paid in euros, dont ask me why it didnt want me to pay in $.
VPN might help ;0)

Use Revolut, pay in their currency. Works in my case.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”