Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gribs wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:39 pm
epiphanius wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:43 am
What is the discount for using the Audio Damage code? I can't spot it in this thread or elsewhere.

See e.g. on the previous page of this thread,
HITMEBABYONEMORETIME
Except that it doesn't say what the discount is.
You’re probably right, I just remembered it was 50% off. There was nothing there that I needed so I didn’t take note of the end date.

I thought the sale ended March 27.

Gribs wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:39 pm
epiphanius wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:43 am
What is the discount for using the Audio Damage code? I can't spot it in this thread or elsewhere.

See e.g. on the previous page of this thread,
HITMEBABYONEMORETIME
Except that it doesn't say what the discount is.
I thought the sale ended March 27.
It was supposed to finish March 27, but [promo code also worked March 28. That being said, the promo code as of today is no longer valid. It was a good sale while it lasted. I think this was the best deal Audio Damage has had for all it's plugins. Last year's Black Friday sale was 40%. There have been a few better sales for individual plugins or similar sales for bundles from discount shops.

Specific to this "sale", the best deal (price wise) was for AD051 CONTINUA which is at it's release price $79 (from $99). So you could get it for $39.50 which is 60% off.

There just was nothing jumping out at me. I have licenses for four of their plugins and also have the iOS versions. Continua looks nice and has a great interface but it just didn't jump out and grab me.

Klevgran is similar. I don't own licenses for any of their products. I want to buy the Modley plugin but I probably have to add a couple more to get the discount. I have been trying their demos to see if there is anything else.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:20 pm There just was nothing jumping out at me. I have licenses for four of their plugins and also have the iOS versions. Continua looks nice and has a great interface but it just didn't jump out and grab me.

Klevgran is similar. I don't own licenses for any of their products. I want to buy the Modley plugin but I probably have to add a couple more to get the discount. I have been trying their demos to see if there is anything else.
Korvpressor and REAMP are good.
But then again, i downloaded demos and figured it's nothing I don't already have in one form or another to be worth 89$ for me.

Ploki wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:39 pm
Gribs wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:20 pm There just was nothing jumping out at me. I have licenses for four of their plugins and also have the iOS versions. Continua looks nice and has a great interface but it just didn't jump out and grab me.

But then again, i downloaded demos and figured it's nothing I don't already have in one form or another to be worth 89$ for me.
Yeah, that is sort of the thing for me, too. Also I am old and don't really have the ears for subtle things related to mixing and mastering. For me it is all making an playing sounds. I sort of like their simple instruments TBH. Hillman and Tines demos are very playable and no-frills; I guess the fact I got frustrated with both when the sound cut out while noodling says I like them, too. They don't do a lot but what they do is very playable.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Ploki wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:39 pm

On iOS, Brusfri is the only game in town for noise reduction. And it’s pretty good

Gribs wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:48 pm
Yeah, that is sort of the thing for me, too. Also I am old and don't really have the ears for subtle things related to mixing and mastering. For me it is all making an playing sounds. I sort of like their simple instruments TBH. Hillman and Tines demos are very playable and no-frills; I guess the fact I got frustrated with both when the sound cut out while noodling says I like them, too. They don't do a lot but what they do is very playable.
oof have you tried Jussi? It's fun, i tried it once and was tempted a couple of times- its pretty unique.
zacha wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:00 am
On iOS, Brusfri is the only game in town for noise reduction. And it’s pretty good
oh yeah sorry, i automatically assume we're only talking about computer

No end of quarter sales bonanza at Plugin Alliance?

Calenberger wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:52 am No end of quarter sales bonanza at Plugin Alliance?
It just started: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html
(Midnight Pacific time)

Damn, DS Thorn can be currently had for just $15 with the PA survey voucher (or any other $25 voucher, of course). Thought the leap-year $30 deal was the best. Steal at $30, no-excuse at $15. :o

Is there any PA plugin that is a must-have from the current MEGA Q1 2020 sale? I have the survey voucher unused.

Suggestion: SPL Iron or bx_masterdesk?
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is there any PA plugin that is a must-have from the current MEGA Q1 2020 sale? I have the survey voucher unused.
I'm also looking for the same kind of advice, any gems I might have glossed over? I've got their Shadow Hills, Metric A/B and Focusrite SC channel strip (SC not so very impressive). The Mpressor could be interesting as a contrast to emulations of older compressors but it's not super important, I have a DAW with a modern compressor and perhaps that can be enough...?

Edit: I just found out that mpressor is 29 and my 25 discount code needs the cart to be above 32. I lost all enthusiasm from this cheap trickery.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:40 am Damn, DS Thorn can be currently had for just $15 with the PA survey voucher (or any other $25 voucher, of course). Thought the leap-year $30 deal was the best. Steal at $30, no-excuse at $15. :o

Fwiw Iron is not as clean as a mastering comp should be in my opinion. Presswerk, pro-c2 i.e are both much cleaner. (I’m talking about IMD, not deliberate saturation!). I thought it was a must have but just doesn’t sound right to me. Demo it.
so out of the two masterdesk i guess.
I can sell you my iron license for 30€, i wont be using it :)

Ploki wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:23 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:40 am Damn, DS Thorn can be currently had for just $15 with the PA survey voucher (or any other $25 voucher, of course). Thought the leap-year $30 deal was the best. Steal at $30, no-excuse at $15. :o

Fwiw Iron is not as clean as a mastering comp should be in my opinion. Presswerk, pro-c2 i.e are both much cleaner. (I’m talking about IMD, not deliberate saturation!). I thought it was a must have but just doesn’t sound right to me. Demo it.
so out of the two masterdesk i guess.
I can sell you my iron license for 30€, i wont be using it :)
Thanks for the suggestion and offer. :) I might demo them, but SPL Iron looks a bit complicated to operate for me. Masterdesk looks relatively simple. I am also not sure if I will getting either at this point. Trying to resist, but at worst will get one plugin during this sale, simple because of the $25 survey voucher that I have lying. :wink: UA SpecOps also interests me, but unfortunately voucher can't be applied on that, so need to increase the cart value. Damn.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:08 pm
Thanks for the suggestion and offer. :) I might demo them, but SPL Iron looks a bit complicated to operate for me. Masterdesk looks relatively simple. I am also not sure if I will getting either at this point. Trying to resist, but at worst will get one plugin during this sale, simple because of the $25 survey voucher that I have lying. :wink: UA SpecOps also interests me, but unfortunately voucher can't be applied on that, so need to increase the cart value. Damn.
fwiw i really like phil's cascade :)

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”