A different perspective on Receptor 2 Pro Plus

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought a mint condition Receptor 2 Pro Plus model from GC for just under five hundred dollars. As I wait for it to arrive this Thursday, I started to read about the out of business hardware update from Muse Research. As my excitement started to wane, I remembered that I took out the GC one year Pro Coverage with the option of adding another year. Right or wrong I figure I've got a unit that will either perform, or with the coverage, I can get it serviced. Worse case scenario, I get a GC credit for the original amount paid for another purchase if the unit fails and can't be fixed over the next two years. Please correct me if I'm looking at this the wrong way?

I also have the following questions.
1. Since I don't have the unit yet, what sound libraries should I expect to be loaded into it?
2. Because I have 45 days to take it back, did I get a good deal if everything is operational?
3. With Muse's hardware division now closed, I'm wondering how this might affect the major touring acts who depend on their Receptors?

I appreciate your feedback.

For my money (this is free) this string is the most informative. It addresses your options as a receptor owner. Please excuse the personality collisions, there is good info here. If you own a Receptor this is your set of options.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&t=465650
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Thank you for guiding me to the other thread. I'll repost there.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”