Any plans to support "Pluggo"?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello...Just wondering if there are any plans to support the pluggo package, now that it is available for windows...Also welcoming any speculation as to its possible functionality...
Cheers, Jeremy

Not that I'm currently aware of. However if anyone has, let me know if it works as an unsupported plugin.
UnUnUnium wrote:Hello...Just wondering if there are any plans to support the pluggo package, now that it is available for windows...Also welcoming any speculation as to its possible functionality...
Cheers, Jeremy
Rick
Muse Research

have you tried sticking the max/msp .dll in there and running it? thing is it points to max so i don't know how it would work. i don't have the new version yet so i can't try

I don't own a receptor yet...But when I do, you betcha I'll try...
Cheers, Jeremy

pluggo .dll's do not work, they crash receptor upon trying to install. there has to be a way to install the runtime onto receptor first as you need his. they will have to work with cycling74 if max/msp is to run on receptor.

this is a big disappointment but not a surprise. i believe it can work but they will have to co-operate. i know MANY people that use max/msp would love a hardware player for it.

I am a max/msp/pluggo user and am hoping that the Receptor will be able to run Pluggo at some point.

I contacted Cycling 74 a few months back asking them if they had any plans for working with Muse Research. Unfortunately the response was that they had no plans for it any time soon.

the possibilities would be endless...

i've talked with rick at muse and it seems like it could be difficult. the two companies need to talk that's the only way it will work. i'll email cycling74 too... i REALLY want this and i bet a BIG number of max user would also. definately good buisness.

thing is, receptor runs linux, max don't work on linux, and i think think "pluggo runtime" is really just max/msp being called by the vst host, in which case i don't see how it could work unless max ran on linux.

PD runs on linux, but vst capabilities are crappy and only just impemented super beta by some grad kid at my school. i'd rather have max/msp though.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”