Create VST, VST3 and Audio Units with Plug'n Script 3.1

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Great to see that! Hope all works out well!
Me too! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lots of stuff going on for the next release!

That's great! Closing the weaknesses, making PnS more and more appealing!! :clap:

I plan to make a public version of the customizeable skin as well and make a video on that, but probably I'll wait until the new release on PnS (and yet there are some features to implement).

By the way, I'd like to ask about TEXT_EDIT_BOX (and SYSTEM_PARAM_CHECKBOX). They seem to be rendered slighly differently, as they leave a kind of "trail" when redrawing KUIML_WIDGET (the edges of the element appear even when no other elements are yet visible). Considering SYSTEM_PARAM_CHECKBOX I've replaced it with KUIML-native element, and considering TEXT_EDIT_BOX there's no idea how to fix it. Hiding the edges (show_edges="false") helps, but then the text inside TEXT_EDIT_BOX becomes vertically_aligned to upper edge and it seems there are no align and margin attributes for that. Whats the best way to customize TEXT_EDIT_BOX?

Another idea - maybe for the future:
Make an action (or action_type) for kuiml that allows sending POST data to a server and reading response to a string.
It could make possible some interaction like uploading scripts to/from server, maybe creating autorization or update requests, etc.

I tried opening urls with Angelscript's "file" object, but seems like it's only for real files.

ilyaorlov wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:03 pm By the way, I'd like to ask about TEXT_EDIT_BOX (and SYSTEM_PARAM_CHECKBOX). They seem to be rendered slighly differently, as they leave a kind of "trail" when redrawing KUIML_WIDGET (the edges of the element appear even when no other elements are yet visible). Considering SYSTEM_PARAM_CHECKBOX I've replaced it with KUIML-native element, and considering TEXT_EDIT_BOX there's no idea how to fix it. Hiding the edges (show_edges="false") helps, but then the text inside TEXT_EDIT_BOX becomes vertically_aligned to upper edge and it seems there are no align and margin attributes for that. Whats the best way to customize TEXT_EDIT_BOX?
I am not sure I understand what the exact issue is here, but the edit box is indeed a native system widget, so it may behave a bit differently from others. That's also why it does not have many options to customize its looks and feel.

ilyaorlov wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:28 am Another idea - maybe for the future:
Make an action (or action_type) for kuiml that allows sending POST data to a server and reading response to a string.
It could make possible some interaction like uploading scripts to/from server, maybe creating autorization or update requests, etc.

I tried opening urls with Angelscript's "file" object, but seems like it's only for real files.
Network access is indeed something that has been in the todo list for a while. It would probably be done with a KUIML action though, to avoid having to write scripts to use it.

Thanks!!
Considering SYSTEM_ elements, take a look at this GIF. When reloading KUIML_WIDGET the SYSTEM_ACTION_BUTTON appears before everything else (and then moves to correct place) and the same for TEXT_EDIT_BOX, SYSTEM_PARAM_CHECKBOX. If anything could be done with that behaviour it would be nice!

Though not critical.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is indeed not expected - we'll check it out (maybe it has already been fixed as there have been quite a bunch of changes in the layout engine lately)!

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:47 pm Lots of stuff going on for the next release!
A 16 channel version would be massively appreciated. :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

And please, add "ignore_missing" attribute to LOAD_FONT as well (if possible). Thanks!

ilyaorlov wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:45 am And please, add "ignore_missing" attribute to LOAD_FONT as well (if possible). Thanks!
This should not be a big deal, indeed! :-)

Thanks!

Here's a continuation of CANVAS-made knobs! As you said, INVISIBLE_PARAM_KNOB (and SLIDER) would be useful for that.

By the way, is there any way to make a "blur"-style effect using CANVAS or svg? To blur a shadow or create a "shine" behind something :)

Hey there!
How is it going with P-n-S update? Waiting for it, while doing some CANVAS experiments. Here are some of sliders made with a single template.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”