Patchwork - Quickly browse through the loaded VST presets

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How can I do this? It is too slow to go each time to click on the VST, Prersets, etc. path?

Do you mean the presets for individual VST plug-ins? Most plug-ins do have their own presets management system, that's why the one provided for these plug-ins in PatchWork is minimal.

Yes, the presets for individual VST plug-ins. While indeed many have their own preset managers, there are a number VSTs that do not. Is there a way to do this more efficiently? Maybe assign some midi message?

As it was originally designed to host our own plug-ins which all have proper presets management and MIDI preset change support; PatchWork currently does not add such features to hosted plug-ins. We will maybe implement it in the future.

I just found I could not select any presets in my Plugin Alliance mastering effects hosted in Patchwork. Alot of the Plugin Alliance effects rely on the "host" to show and select presets. I was hoping to set up a mastering chain I could use in my DAW's to use quickly , but having to setup each plugin without a "starting point preset" is a no go. Can you please have a look at enabling Patchwork to handle the plugins presets please. I'm not stuck as I can go back to using Metaplugin, in the meanwhile, but it would make Patchwork a lot more useful to own..

PatchWork does handle plug-ins presets for most plug-ins. I guess these ones are not publishing their presets through the standard API. You can however load the presets if they are delivered with preset files, using the "Presets / Load Preset" menu item.

By the way, have you tried several plug-ins formats?

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am By the way, have you tried several plug-ins formats?
Do you mean vst3/vst, if so just have to test things out further and thing got very curious.
I put Patchwork (effect) into MuLab 8 and mixcraft 9 DAW's and tested both Patchwork vst64 SPL Iron vst/vst3. No preset were visible in Patchwork in all cases.
When I loaded SPL Iron vst 64 into either of the hosts racks, then presets were available.
But, when I loaded SPL Iron 64vst3 into Mixcraft 9 it did not see or show any presets.
When I had loaded SPL vst3 into Mixcraft where I would normally see presets it said " No presets available". Unfortunately MuLab does not handle vst3 (one of the reasons I'd like Patchwork effect/synth to work to host vst3 in Mulab).
I'll mention this vst3 anomaly on the Mixcraft forum and see what they say. If you'd like me to test/ try something, or do something in a different way just let me know, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I am guessing that these plug-ins only use preset files and do not list them as VST3 presets in the plug-in. This part of the standard is not 100% standard as each manufacturer may choose different folders so it is a mess if you have to scan the directories.

But you should be able to load the preset files using the "Presets/Load Preset" command, if you can find the directory where it is located.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”