Multiple midi channels from one VST?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Running latest Pro Tools and latest Patchwork synth plugin.

I am trying to get a drum synth to be sequenced on different midi tracks.

PW on Aux track with drum synth vst inside. Hihat on midi Ch1. Kick on midi Ch2 inside of the drum synth. Ch1 & Ch2 HOST clicked in PW midi I/O. PT midi tracks output to seperate midi channel in PW. Aux outputs in PW goes to 2 Aux tracks in PT.

I can play each sound fine on the keyboard from its midi track when I am not hitting play in PT. Booth trigger separately and gets feed into each Aux track in PT. All fine.

BUT when I play PT and have midi notes on each midi track. They all cut each other off. Like they where on the same Mute group or something. When they are not. Like the midi is clashing with each other.

If I load two instances of the drum synth insde the same PW plugin. I can get it to work fine by setting each drum synth to a different midi channel in PW. But this is not what i want to do. I dont want one drum synth for hihat, one for kick etc. Just one drumsynth with all sounds triggered by different midi channels on different midi tracks inside PT.

Cheers!

That's pretty odd. Have you made sure that the tracks are actually sending the messages on the right MIDI channels? It looks like the clashing is happening in the VSTi itself (PatchWork does not interpret the events, they are just sent to the VSTi "as is", unless you choose a specific channel)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”