ManyBass has stopped loading (Solved by reinstalling)

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there;

I just had a bit problem with Wusik and had to update to a new version since the one I had V5.something was not working well in FL9 It is now working, but all of the sudden MAnyBass has stopped loading in all my hosts :(

I try to load ManyBass but the program just freezes while trying to load it and CPU use goes up to 99%. The odd thing is it is happening in FL, EnergyXT2.5, Reaper does not go beyond the VSTi folder scan when it starts. If I remove the ManyBass DLL from the VSTI folder it loads fine.

I have erased all ManyBass fikles and cleaned up the registry just in case and re-installed it but get the same results. It is odd as I have been using ManyBass withou issues for quite a while and even worked fine when I installed Win7 and only moved the VSTi folder to the new system without a proper install procedure.

Has anyboday had any issues with Win7?

Manytone is working fine after I re-installed all Wusik files as is Wusik EVE.

This is rather odd.

Thanks in advance. :D
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Hi GermanFafian

I see you saw the other thread also.

I suggest a full reinstall and check to be sure your soundsets are in the correct place. Also be sure you have administrator rights and that nothing like Norton or other is running during install.

Let me know if this or the other thread helped.
Paul

It hasn't worked :(
This is weird as I never had any issues with any of your products (or wusik for that matter)
Any idea why this might be happening?
It is the weirdest thing I've seen on a synth.

Do you know how to look into your registry so we can see what it says?

If so look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ManyTone/ManyBass

and see if the data path it gives is the same as you have the soundsets in on your system. If you need help how to look in the registry let me know.

Also search one of the soundset names like "Deep - Finger.WusikSND" and see if there are multiple copies and where they are.

Be sure you did a full proper reinstall of both Soundsets and the VSTi files.

Paul

manytone wrote:Do you know how to look into your registry so we can see what it says?

If so look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ManyTone/ManyBass

and see if the data path it gives is the same as you have the soundsets in on your system. If you need help how to look in the registry let me know.

Also search one of the soundset names like "Deep - Finger.WusikSND" and see if there are multiple copies and where they are.

Be sure you did a full proper reinstall of both Soundsets and the VSTi files.

Paul
Will look it up and let you know.
But will wait until tomorrow. Kindda late here in Europe and I'm beaten today.
Thanks Paul :D

I checked the registry and sure enough! It was pointing to the older location.
I erased the entry. Deleted all files and uninstalled ManyBass.
Re-intalled everything from scratch and now works.
Thanks again Paul :D
Back to music making 8)

Hi
Great to hear!
Usually a full reinstall will work. It looks like in your case there was old files that ManyBass was trying to point to.

Enjoy!
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”