Opinions of the McDSP plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would there be much use to this if one has Slate’s VMR rack filled to the rim ?

Fleer wrote:Would there be much use to this if one has Slate’s VMR rack filled to the rim ?
I have VMR. I use 6050 more. To me, 6050 is more colourful than VMR. VMR is pretty "safe"/tame - it does it things but doesn't impart a lot of character. which is I think what it was designed to do. 6050 has more vibe. try the demo. :phones:

Thanks plexuss :tu:

I do find it odd however that there is no neve 1073 like or any pultec like eq's.
Or are they and I missed that they are emulations of those.
rsp
sound sculptist

Harry_HH wrote:
Aloysius wrote:I have it in My Cart @ Audiodeluxe. I've downloaded the plug-in and a couple of YouTube videos on it. I'm just now waiting for a demo license. And here are the converted presets. Hmmm, I wonder, do you think I'll purchase it? :lol:
Your are correct, the way both McDSP and the vendor inform about the Windows issue in their site, is absolutely incomprehensible.

I contacted both the McDSP support and the dealer.

Both prentended first suprised. The vendor did not know about the deficiency, although they have sold McDSP for ages. It took some time, before I got a reply from the McDSP support: their response was the following:
"Unfortunately, there are no VST[2] presets, only VST3, Audio Units and AAX. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
We are not misleading anyone. It is on the support FAQ page:
http://mcdsp.com/support_faq/
Regards,
McDSP Support"

I.e. there are no information of this in the tech specs of the plugin, the potential buyer is supposed to visit first the developer site FAQ, and understand to read the above.
There are no information in the vendor site, that you can´t define the plugin installation path in Windows, nor that there are no support for the VST2 plugin presets.

If the above deficiency concerns all the McDSP product, e.g. the 6050 channel strip, I can´t say. Perhaps someone has experience of this.

I know, that the McDSP has a long history of the respected developer. Therefore, the first acquaintance with the company, has been quite a disappointment to me.
Let's see ...

Terrible Windows support for some unknown reason, iLok dongle only, and only a single activation allowed?

Three strikes and you're out. Guess I'll be ignoring anything from McDSP until all that changes.

I am lucky that I prefer iLok dongle authorization. It’s more convenient for me.

It’s unfortunate that Windows versions of the EC-300 and 6034 are not ready yet.

The good news is that the 6050 is on sale now and available for Windows.

Aloysius wrote:I gotta thank pekbro again for the converted FutzBox presets. I was pissed off with McDSP but think I'll have much more fun with that Plug-in now. :tu:
Thanks, my pleasure... Glad you're enjoying FutzBox as you should :)

In case anyone wants them, some more McDSP presets in (.fxp) format.

ML8000 Limiter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AE600 Active EQ:

-Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pekbro wrote:In light of the current sale, and since Uncle E was kind enough to get me my reg-code so quickly,
here are the Ultimate Channel Strip presets in (.fxp) format as promised. In case anyone needs
them.
VST2 presets don't show in Mac Bitwig, and VST3 plugin is glitchy for me. Many thanks for sharing fxp. :tu:
Super deal at $43

Tappistry wrote:Let's see ...

Terrible Windows support for some unknown reason, iLok dongle only, and only a single activation allowed?

Three strikes and you're out. Guess I'll be ignoring anything from McDSP until all that changes.
It very much looks like the target audience is pro studios and they're not so interested in everyone else?

McDsp make very clean but very good sounding plugins. Luckily they have stayed away from current fads such as Audio processors which purposely colour or distort audio to sound vintage.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:McDsp make very clean but very good sounding plugins. Luckily they have stayed away from current fads such as Audio processors which purposely colour or distort audio to sound vintage.
Except for their products which do purposely colour and distort audio to sound vintage. There's nothing wrong with some good sounding noise and distortion! :phones:

What does he suppose FutzBox does?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I just saw the ML4000 on sale. $41 at every plugins. I like these deep discount sales. I can wait so it's great to wait and get good deals. Tried the demo. I am always amazed at how well thought out the McDSP plugin collection is - how they all over-lap to some degree but offer very different feature sets. Maybe its the consistent UI and UX.

Anyway, I tried the demo and was quite impressed, on a master I am working on. It helped to bring back to life some suppressed bands from other processing. I could have gone up the chain and worked to get that lost energy back but the ML4000 was an easier way to do it. Also the integrated ML1 worked as a nice sounding pre-limiter to the final buss limter which had to do less work.

I have been experimenting with controling and smothing out the over-all dynamics of a master and re-creating transients to give back some PLR and sound quality. having dynamics processors like this is really nice. targetted to a specific task with an easy UX and a nice sound. that was the other thing, it really sounded nice and natural. quality audio tools here.

plexuss wrote:...quality audio tools here.
Indeed :tu:

And here are the presets for that in (.fxp) for anyone wanting to demo the ML4000
with Live and whatnot...

-Cheers

Return to “Effects”