ddmf (IIEQ/IIEQPro/LP10) goes Radiohead

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is the deal: I've come to the conclusion that the way Radiohead are offering the digital version of their newest album (decide for yourself how much you want to pay) might be worth a try for plugins as well. So with the release of version 1.1 of the IIEQ Pro and version 2.1 of the LP10, the new features being bypasses for each individual band, an on/off switch for the graphical display and a zoomable dB axis in the display, you can decide for yourself how much the plugins are worth to you! The only restriction is that due to the Paypal fee system there is a minimum of 35 Eurocents (about 50 US cents). Note that this is not a donation; you first have to transfer the amount you deem appropriate and then will get a link to the full version.

Cheers, docdued
Last edited by docdued on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daring move indeed! Checking them out now. IIEQ is often talked about here. I'm wondering why nobody's talking about LP10 though...
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Great idea.

One thing to consider: I did the Radiohead thing just as a show of support. But as I was pre-ordering the album, there was no mention of what format/bitrate it was going to be. Also, there were no previews at all. So basically, while I got to choose what I wanted to pay, I also was buying blind. I would have been more generous had I known fully what I was buying other than reputation of the band and the one album I've heard (OK Computer).

So, definitely offer a demo that either times out or whatever. You'll probably make more money that way. (And you may already, I'm just sayin')

I reckon i will be in on this. Great!

Shane Sanders wrote:So, definitely offer a demo that either times out or whatever. You'll probably make more money that way. (And you may already, I'm just sayin')
Yes, there already are demos that you can download there. I just downloaded them. :)
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

docdued:

Awesome. Thank you for your fantastic work, generosity, and support of the musical community with all of your EQ's!

Bennett a.k.a. David :)

This is very generous from you, Docdued. I hope it will lead people to give something.
I like your free eq with the nice "funky" skin.
Any chance to have one day the ability to change the freq from the curve ?

[edit : what software do you use to read .docx files ?]
Last edited by sinkmusic on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Possibly... but not before next year, I guess!

:D

Docdued...i think with such move you ll have PLENTY of new users in a month or so :) (hopefully myself included)
thx anyway.. nice generous move either towards the users

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

I think you'd have more takers if this thread was called "IIEQ Goes Radiohead" or better yet, "IIEQ Pro: Pay What You Like." Just some friendly marketing advice.

I hope for you that people will give you more than 35 eurocents... :) We had freeware, payware, donationware, now... how do you call it ? worthware ?
Will you publish the average price paid after 2 selling monthes ? It could be interesting...
You can't always get what you waaaant...

This is a freaking fantastic idea. You just got yourself a sale, buddy! :D

Best of luck on this venture!

worthware. Ballsy

It'd be great if ASDA done that...imagine it, stock your trolley full of booze, pies, Mcain microwave pizzas and some womans panties from the george clothing dept, pay f**k all for it, cos you know you're gonna hurt so bad the next day, it wasn't worth anything anyway.

Return to “Effects”