Barricade Pro limiter (beta)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it does rock as a bus comp, i like it very much.

my host doesn't report plugin latency, does it introduce any ?

Hi!

Thanks everyone for all the feedback and positive response!

I'll do my best to incorporate the various comments I received on this
forum and by email in a next release...

cheers,

jeroen

Will check it out. :)
Cheers Bob
Back for plug development in Sonic Birth.

Awesome, thanks Jeroen! Don't forget the request for a $20 price tag! :P

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Just tried barricade pro and this thing is AWESOME!! Incredibly flexible and is one of the few plugins that seems to be holding it's own against the iZotope limiter (though it gets a tiny bit squishy compared to iZotope but not much!).

I've only played with it for 5 minutes or so but it oozes quality right from the get go. GUI is very clear and nice to use. Have to be digging real hard to come up with any real critique.. but I'll try. :D

Cheers! I think you have a winner here!!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

This might sound crazy but I'd like a much faster release on the RMS compressor section. I feel like you've set it at a "safe" 100ms but it'd be awesome if you let the user dial in the border of distortion/clean release.

Cheers!
bManic

bmanic wrote:This might sound crazy but I'd like a much faster release on the RMS compressor section. I feel like you've set it at a "safe" 100ms but it'd be awesome if you let the user dial in the border of distortion/clean release.

Cheers!
bManic
Mmm. Good idea: limitations are for hardware! :hihi:

Glad you like this plugin too. I'm beginning to wonder how some companies can charge what they do for limiters with less features than this. Mind you, I have no idea what Jeroen's going to charge...he deserves riches for this one, of course. :tu:

djeroen wrote:Hi!

Thanks everyone for all the feedback and positive response
thx to u for the pluggies Jeroen...
all the best for the new line of payware plugs, and the fact you decided to stay cool with prices is just a supa bonus reason to support your brand whenever they ll be out..count me in for f****** sure ! :tu:

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

Oh! I know a feature request: I would love to be able to solo the Side content, so you can better hear what it's doing.

And what's the "ISP" button? :?:

I would guess ISP means "inter sample peak" but I'm not sure.. it does sound a bit "softer" and restrained.. hence my guess.

Cheers!
bManic

Yeah, good call. I had it in right now, and it definitely seemed to smooth out the transients a bit more; seems to work better on this dance mix with it off. In fact, seems to work on this mix better with "Hysterisis" turned down too...not that I know what it's doing, exactly...this "Hysterisis" stuff is creeping into these wonderfuly esoteric compressors now...

Cheers! (as they say...) :P

dreaddd wrote:the fact you decided to stay cool with prices is just a supa bonus reason to support your brand whenever they ll be out

Peace
There's been a price mentioned?
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

bduffy wrote:In fact, seems to work on this mix better with "Hysterisis" turned down too...not that I know what it's doing, exactly...
The mix should sound more confident and manly at low "Hysterisis" levels, cause "Hysterisis" is a parameter that tells the compressor how much hysteria (=OhmiGod! OhmiGod! WTF am I supposed to do with this one?!) it's allowed at high peak levels. It's the next big step after emulating analog circuits -> emulating human circuits :hyper:
the the impotence of proofreading

Watto wrote:
dreaddd wrote:the fact you decided to stay cool with prices is just a supa bonus reason to support your brand whenever they ll be out

Peace
There's been a price mentioned?
Not specifically. But I had mentioned above how he told me it would be VERY affordable, to the point where it wouldn't be worth people downloading illegally.

Of course, this could still mean any range of prices since it's a fantastic plug. But that's basically where those statements come from. But nothing specific has been mentioned yet.

Brent

Ah, cool :)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Return to “Effects”