2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

jbraner wrote:Can I just verify that 2.0.2 doesn't actually update the dll from the last version?
It must just update the support files?
depends what you mean by "dll"

2C-Breeze2.dll

found in your plug-in folders should NOT change, correct. Stuff in "our" folder including the dll(s) found there changed, yes.

timyork wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Oh I thought I qualified since buying Breeze 2 and having everything else (even if I didn't buy them as a pack) but didn't
of course you are. email/pm your real name/email so I can see what is different about your order history. There were some unusual things over the years, and maybe I forgot one..
I think I also qualify for this as I bought Aether, B2, Breeze and Kaleidoscope + expansion packs last Xmas, though not all at once.
When I added the simply better expansion to my cart it didn't show as £0 though..
I've sent an email regarding this to you..
absolutely you do. are you sure you don't see the Voucher, auto-magically appear on the checkout page? you then have to apply it. By clicking once or twice.

did you see my post where I screenshot breeze1 and 2 being.. the same?

Ploki wrote:did you see my post where I screenshot breeze1 and 2 being.. the same?

I will explore later this evening... did you nuke your

/library/application-support/2C-Audio/

folder permissions as described here:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/faq#_installation

?

Ploki wrote:
Andrew Souter wrote: Is this in AU/Logic? Someone mentioned something about fixing permissions and reinstalling somewhere earlier in the thread.
It didn't actually work, i followed the permissions reset.
the only thing that's really different that it doesnt crash when i unload it.

I just installed 2.0.2 (fresh) and when i load either Breeze1 or Breeze2 (named differently), breeze2 opens. :?
i had this issue before on my old system, but i did a clean-wipe from scratch now (and i also removed all traces from 2.0.1 from my system)

https://imgur.com/a/H4Ubp

I'm a little afraid this wont go away with 2.0.3 (final release) either, and as it is I can't use it unless i clear all my projects at the same so i can stop using breeze1, or in the meantime stop using breeze at all before i migrate to 2. (none of which I'm particularly happy with)
It's working fine for me in Logic X. I can load both Breeze & Breeze 2 together. Are you sure that you removed all traces of Breeze 2 before re-installing? A good way to check is to open terminal & type

Code: Select all

sudo mdfind breeze2 | less
you can then use space bar to page down the list.

Andrew Souter wrote:
jbraner wrote:Can I just verify that 2.0.2 doesn't actually update the dll from the last version?
It must just update the support files?
depends what you mean by "dll"

2C-Breeze2.dll

found in your plug-in folders should NOT change, correct. Stuff in "our" folder including the dll(s) found there changed, yes.
Yep - that's right. I checked and it does say 2.0.2 in the plugin.
I didn't realise there are more dlls in "your" folder (heven't even checked where that lives) :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

virtualpt wrote:
It's working fine for me in Logic X. I can load both Breeze & Breeze 2 together. Are you sure that you removed all traces of Breeze 2 before re-installing? A good way to check is to open terminal & type

Code: Select all

sudo mdfind breeze2 | less
you can then use space bar to page down the list.
I just tried on a fresh install of OS (never opened logic here even)
installed perfected storm + breeze2, fixed permissions, opened breeze1 and breeze2 opened again. :neutral:

which version are you running? This is high sierra 10.13.2 + Logic Pro X 10.3.3

edit:
just removed breeze2 from this system (new system), tried your command (was empty), tried opening breeze1 (opened fine), reset preferences, installed breeze 2.0.2 again, and now it works.

I think I screwed up because I fixed preferences with breeze 2 INCLUDED. I'll try rebooting to see what happens.

edit2:
oh well, my excitement was premature. Reboot broke it as well, and Breeze1 loads as breeze 2 again.
I kinda give up. looks like I'll have to retire breeze1 before I start using breeze2

That's a shame. I am on El Capitan 10.11.6 & Logic 10.3.2. I never repair permissions any more, it always seems to lead to problems. Hope you manage to find a solution!

virtualpt wrote:That's a shame. I am on El Capitan 10.11.6 & Logic 10.3.2. I never repair permissions any more, it always seems to lead to problems. Hope you manage to find a solution!
ha, might be a high-sierra issue then.

Breeze2 does have the same APFS preset naming scheme bug.

Ploki wrote:
virtualpt wrote:That's a shame. I am on El Capitan 10.11.6 & Logic 10.3.2. I never repair permissions any more, it always seems to lead to problems. Hope you manage to find a solution!
ha, might be a high-sierra issue then.

Breeze2 does have the same APFS preset naming scheme bug.
I had the same problem - I'm on high sierra and Breeze2 was showing up when selecting Breeze1. I removed EVERYTHING 2CAudio I could find on my machine for both Breezes. I had also demo'd Kaleidoscope from 2C and removed everything Kaleidoscope related (although this might not have been necessary). I installed Breeze1 and authorized it, and changed the folder permissions as described in the link above (this is not the same as repairing permissions on a Mac). I then installed Breeze2 and authorized it, and changed the folder permissions for Breeze2 as well. Both work as expected now in Logic Pro X 10.3.3 and Live 9 and 10 beta - I can select and use Breeze1 and Breeze2 independently. And yes the APFS naming bug is there.

B

that gives me a glimpse of hope, thank you for posting this.

I'll trying doing it from scratch tomorrow, se how it goes.

Ploki wrote:that gives me a glimpse of hope, thank you for posting this.

I'll trying doing it from scratch tomorrow, se how it goes.
Please disregard my previous response. There is definitely something fishy going on with the new installer. The steps I described worked with the previous 2.0.2 installer but yesterday's installer is behaving differently.

Ploki wrote: Breeze2 does have the same APFS preset naming scheme bug.
bradkvr wrote: There is definitely something fishy going on with the new installer.
AFAIK we are unaware of any such issues... we have many people on High Sierra without issue.... details please...

please email to info at 2Caudio.com

but of course we are happy to look at whatever details you can provide. Denis on High Sierra and can check.

we do NOT advocate to "repair permissions" using disk utility.

we tell people sometimes to set the permissions of a single folder and ALL its contents, whcih should only have files from us in it:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/faq#_installation
1) Please go here: /Your System Disk/Library/Application Support/
2) Select the "2C-Audio/" folder
3) Press Apple-I on the keyboard to "Get Info"
4) Click on the Lock icon at the bottom of this window to make changes, and enter your admin password
5) Change ALL three user groups to Read & Write Access
6) Click on the "gear wheel icon" drop down menu on the bottom of the page, and select "Apply to Enclosed Items". Select Yes.
7) Run the installer again
8) Re-launch your host application
technically ALL of our installers already should set the permissions of this folder as needed, but who knows, maybe some OSX gremlin is blocking it on odd occasions...

you guys do all run the installers WITHOUT ANY host running, correct? As an extra precaution you should quit all host apps when running installers. If the host is running and it thinks one of our files is in use, the OS may potentially not let you overwrite it...

LOVE Breeze 2 - thanks for a great update and INSANE price!!!

installation was a...

breeze.

Return to “Effects”