The Kings Microphone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Meffy wrote:However, there is some evidence that the Queen's advisor, Dr John Dee, attempted to construct a theurgical / alchemical ribbon microphone. Most portraits of Elizabeth I show her wearing ribbons, so we can be certain half the formula was completed.

P.S.: Yes, the finished capsule would have been Hermetically Sealed. Seven times.
Has been demonstrated that it was a fraud by Edward Kelly, just like for the Voynich Ms. :hihi:

EDIT: concerning the plugin: the worst product in the history of commerce IMO :shrug:

:D
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

emulation coming this christmas from Waves...
Last edited by bezusheist on Thu May 19, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

:borg:

I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

Shabdahbriah wrote:Image
But Ive already got one of those.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:Image
But Ive already got one of those.
So do I :D
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I never thought i'd live to see the day when a plugin became a merchandising piece for a movie. I'm really surprised that a fast food chain didn't beat them to it.
That's just surreal.

That said, those (real) mics must have been fascinating to play with, from the historical perspective.

k

Waves stupidity knows no bounds.

One knob plugins - stupid

Instruments named after pop stars - stupid

Mock rack equipment pretending to be vintage with controls like *vibe* and some shills name on it - stupid

FIre the marketing team already

Lovechld2000 wrote:Instruments named after pop stars - stupid
Waves sells synthesizers?! :-o
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Lovechld2000 wrote:
Instruments named after pop stars - stupid

Waves sells synthesizers?!
Ok no I retract that part of the rant

dogzilla wrote:
duncanparsons wrote:considering that only Queenie is alive, trying to use the male versions will just give a silent output
The Queen Elizabeth in this Waves thing would be Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon who died in 2002. ;)

Actually, and after thinking about it, wouldn't there be a mistake in the labeling in this case?

Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, also known as "Queen Mum", was a Queen Consort, she didn't reign. Only her daughter (Elisabeth II) does up until today. Granted, due to marriage with King George VI she gained the title "Queen", but still.

Just wondering...

Somebody actually "bought" this thing and can confirm if this is an algo-based plugin or IR's? I still think from the looks of it, and the age they're probably produced, they're either coal-capsule condenser or very first regular condenser microphones.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Who the hell buys a plug in like this? I mean seriously.
My music is a fusion of jazz and funk. It's called "Junk"

The world is full of Kings and Queens Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell

RIP DIO - Die Waves :!:

Return to “Effects”