Does Bidule plug in have delay compensation and does it have a crossover? (and metaplugin whine)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am sorry Christian but the AU of Metaplugin does not work with Reaper, it has the same problem as every other host besides Logic, insert a stereo track and it brings up a mono instance and no plug in will load into properly or hook up , so how did you test it?

EDIT. i forced a stereo effect to work in it, the psp mastercomp which has 40ms latency, and just used the left channel, and it did report the latency to reaper after a stop start.

So.. the thing that most plug in devs know, that hidden trick to make that work in logic, has to be found out somehow.. i guess it's an audio unit spec thing.

Another example is DMG equilibrium. WOW that has even more latency options than Pro-Q.. works perfectly.

Hit oversampling in voxengo plugin.. works perfectly.

GO back to non oversampled. goes out of time. press stop.. press start. back in perfect sync.

It can work in logic, and i have used it as such for YEARS>

TBH, i actually wouldn't have stuck wth logic if it didn't, as there are too many effects important to me, and something like that i couldn't live with at all.

Ahh, i have some interesting news.. i just did the same test in studio one since the psp does not seem to crash the mono version of the AU.. (i guess solid psp coding!)

and inserting the psp and connecting it changes the value in metaplugin but NOT in studio one. Studio one has instant variable latency compensation, and is actually the BEST of any host i have ever used in that regard. You don't even need to stop playback usually, it's amazing. But this isn't getting the report either.

However! If i turn the effect OFF, as in with studio one's power button, then back ON, it reports it then.

Now i know what is going on with logic in a sense, logic can't work that way.. it has to report it live at that time for logic to adjust. I think this is what might be going on? Reaper might be doing something to ping the value on every playback maybe.. cause with reaper it did not work till playback stopped and started either.

Last report before bed. For some reason every time i pressed metaplugin's 2x oversampling button the latency would go in time in logic. No matter what plugin. I couldn't work that out. i got momentarily excited. what is happening is that 2x oversample is not WORKING :lol: so the plugin within metaplugin is getting immediately bypassed. And don't forget the stream of crashes with the VST.. i am happy to send you reports if interested.. basically it seems to me (sadly) once more that meta is not ready for prime time on mac :(

Return to “Effects”