Patcher style VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys im looking for a tool that enables me to make a chain of effects, save it as a patch and be able to open that patch in another host.

For example, I can set up a chain of effects in Patcher in FL Studio, but say i'd like to save that chain and open it in Ableton Live without having to open each effect vst and open the preset for each one of them, does something like this exist? Kind of a Patcher but in VST format.

Thanks!

Using Ableton? Yes indeed using an Effect Rack or Instrument Rack

Hope that's what you are after, I don't know FL Studio at all but Effect/Intrument racks allow you to chain together whatever you want then save and recall at will :)

Dean

Yeah I get you but I want it VST cause I want to move a chain of effects from one DAW to another.

Kore2 ;)

VstForx

Ah right with you now, Sorry I misread the question juansep man.

As TabSel mentioned Kore2, VstForx (ace btw), MUX, MetaPlugin, Chainer plus EnergyXT2 amongst others (Off the top of my head they are all I can think of right now) will enable you to do this.

Which one? I am not sure which is the most simple/straight forward but I do like S.G's VstForx and MuTools MUX myself and MetaPlugin, I'd look at those three personally. Only reason for no KORE2 love is it is abandoned so AFAIK you'd be looking for a used/second-hand version which whilst it works fine won't go any further

All the best and again hope that helps and excuse me getting it wrong first time around :oops:

Dean :)

juansep wrote:Hey guys im looking for a tool that enables me to make a chain of effects, save it as a patch and be able to open that patch in another host.
Been doing this for-ever with "Chainer", mainly in 'Live'. Only 32-bit though.

I have not tried any of the others listed, though I keep meaning to try Metaplugin, and that VstFORX looks interesting.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Which ones of them supports full PDC?
:hug:

Does any one of these report plugin(s) parameters to host?

toothnclaw wrote:Does any one of these report plugin(s) parameters to host?
That's a really good question! Chainer does not, btw.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

You can use Fl studio as a vst in your other sequencer or you can use this one - http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3

It also have PDC :)

Free option: Studio Units
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

toothnclaw wrote:Does any one of these report plugin(s) parameters to host?
I think Metaplugin does.

Mux does :) Mux is fantastic when it comes to this. You can link parameters from plugs to knobs. Several parameters to one knob, all with custom ranges and shapes. Control them with modulators if you want. Mux is great :D
:hug:

Thanks, aMUSEd and Crackbaby! Will check them out.

Return to “Effects”