Free - NI Supercharger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Supercharger

Still page not found with the link they emailed me :/

Tried again the first part of filling the form in with my email and they sent the link again this time it worked :)
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

soundpalace wrote:If you login to your account on the NI website and go to MY PRODUCTS AND SERIALS, is the product and its serial number listed?
Yes

beltrom wrote:
soundpalace wrote:If you login to your account on the NI website and go to MY PRODUCTS AND SERIALS, is the product and its serial number listed?
Yes
Thanks, it just popped up in mine too, YAY! :)

Really like it I take it works like the Vari-Mu compressor where the input signal strength automatically controls the ratio? Yep looks like it.

It's better than I thought it would be.

This thread should be called, "Installing NI Supercharger". What do people actually think of the plug?

kldskp wrote: What do people actually think of the plug?
A good and (dead) easy to use compressor, ...so far !

Nice GUI too

Installing 'Windows 7 only' programs in XP:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 01#5597201

Short version for Supercharger, as an example:

- Download and install this

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=20028

- Open command prompt and enter this command:

Code: Select all

appverif -enable HighVersionLie -for "Supercharger 1.1.0 Setup PC.exe"
- Install

EDIT:

In this case you also need to enter:

Code: Select all

appverif -enable HighVersionLie -for "Supercharger Setup PC.exe"
"Supercharger Setup PC.exe" seems to be the process that does the check.
Last edited by standalone on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't forget that Windows XP is officialy end of life next year and is now around 14 years old. Windows 7 and 8.1 are both awesome upgrades, well worth considering as more and more applications stop supporting XP.

I've personally found XP to be more troublesome than 7 or 8/8.1 for DAW use.

Back on topic, I'm absolutely LOVING this compressor. It's also really great on piano but a bit too aggressive on Rhodes electric pianos and such. Definitely one of the best freebies I have ever encountered to date. The auto makup gain algorithm is also incredible! :)

Aloysius wrote:When I saw this I said WTF:

SUPERCHARGER Win (95 MB)

It looks like Supercharger for Windows 95. :shock:
I made the same observation. It made me chuckle.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Had to log in again and post some more. I know, second post in a row...

This thing is beautiful on the drum buss. I don't want to get all mojoey, but it adds a nice glue and punch to the drums without pumping. This may very well become part of my drum sound. Loving it!

Other one knobbers tend to pump very easily; this one imparts character, but in a realistic way (if that makes sense). It really makes compression too easy. :D I feel totally spoiled with good plugin compressors now days.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

I was not impressed by new freebie in comparison with Waves API 2500, Vertigo VSC-2 and Vari Comp.

This is an absolutely awesome compressor!! Very deep considering the very few controls.

I absolutely love it so far! And it's even got sidechain input for further tweaking it's behavior. Awesome! :D

NI's christmas gifts have been extremely generous and cool for the past few years. The Dirt filter was awesome too and so is this Supercharger.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

My favorite feature is the Trim knob. It actually tells you the right setting.

Very cool plug.

Now does anyone know if it's worthwhile for someone who DOESN'T own Traktor to download the Traktor packs? Is there anything you can reasonably do with them or are they in an exclusive format that only Traktor/Maschine can recognize?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Effects”