TBProAudio releases GainRider, the gain riding plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GainRider

So are you saying that you are able to manage GainRider2 pre-delay values beyond 370ms with Latency Fixer plugin?
Yes but this means I'd still have to adjust the timing manually on both plugins to keep everything in sync so would only be useful if a pre delay of more than 370ms was needed to make GainRider2 work smoothly. It has only just been released so I'm not sure how often I would need to go past 370ms in practice since it seems like quite a long lookahead anyway.

Latency Fixer is free btw so you could test it yourself if you thought this was an avenue worth pursuing.

Uncovered Pitch wrote: Yes but this means I'd still have to adjust the timing manually on both plugins to keep everything in sync so would only be useful if a pre delay of more than 370ms was needed to make GainRider2 work smoothly. It has only just been released so I'm not sure how often I would need to go past 370ms in practice since it seems like quite a long lookahead anyway.
OK, we did some more tests and i was wrong with the 372ms limit. The limit for Logic PDC seems to be 722ms (at 44.1kHz), which is fairly ok. Latency fixer did not help to go beyond this limit, which makes sense because Latency Fixer helps to report correct latency to the host if the plugin reports incorrect values. This is not the case for GainRider (2).

Great-722ms seems like a value that should cover all possible use cases.

I would agree :)

Return to “Effects”