Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

hyakken wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Any chance of drag and drop midi pattern to host
Right now I don't know how to implement it.
But I like to add midi export function sometime in the future.

Tadashi
+1
That would be great!

waiting man wrote:
hyakken wrote:

Tadashi
+1
That would be great!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can't you just record the midi ?

I understand the whole thing with 'drag and drop' midi pattern to host from synths that doesn't send their internal arp/sequencer midi data.

Perhaps there's diffirences to various hosts, I only know that when I work in Live 9.7 I just hit record button when needed... hence why I have a hard time understanding this request.

Kr3eM wrote:
waiting man wrote:
hyakken wrote:

Tadashi
+1
That would be great!

I understand the whole thing with 'drag and drop' midi pattern to host from synths that doesn't send their internal arp/sequencer midi data.

Perhaps there's diffirences to various hosts, I only know that when I work in Live 9.7 I just hit record button when needed... hence why I have a hard time understanding this request.
I'm actually interested in this feature form a technical aspect.
So I'm not very sure about practical aspect.
But it seems this is useful feature.

Tadashi

hyakken wrote: I'm actually interested in this feature form a technical aspect.
So I'm not very sure about practical aspect.
But it seems this is useful feature.

Tadashi
Sure, make sense...although I was only refering my comments to the users request.

Either way, the HY-SeqCollection is the most fun plugin I have bought in quite a while. I'm missing the custom option for scales like in your other sequencer thou. I hope there's plans to add that.

Kr3eM wrote:
waiting man wrote:
hyakken wrote:

Tadashi
+1
That would be great!

1x is so 1996.

waiting man wrote: 1x is so 1996.
:D well, yeah...personally I would say 1993..but sure, I can go with 1996, :lol:

Re drag and drop midi

It's about workflow and laziness ;)

If easier to drag and drop a pattern than record, chop, save
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Re drag and drop midi

Ok, I guess, but how does (or rather should) that work with randomized parameters? Does it change for every drag and drop, or will the randomized functions staticly repeat themself? If so, what do you do if you don't like that selection of randomness? ...

Kr3eM wrote:

Ok, I guess, but how does (or rather should) that work with randomized parameters? Does it change for every drag and drop, or will the randomized functions staticly repeat themself? If so, what do you do if you don't like that selection of randomness? ...
I would have thought it was static until you randomised something from the GUI again, although a feature to drag and drop say 10 - 100 random sequences might have value to some. I remember some audio app having this feature.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Kr3eM wrote:

I would have thought it was static until you randomised something from the GUI again, although a feature to drag and drop say 10 - 100 random sequences might have value to some. I remember some audio app having this feature.
Ok, but I am mainly refering to modulated randomness, I get the impression that you are talking about the 'click to set random vaules to parameters' function.

If you have as an example in this case, 2 random running LFO's controlling 4 parameters then we have another type of problem.

If 'drag n drop' will generate unique values for the LFO modulation with each 'drag n drop' you basicly have to listen thru the file and judge if the randomness generated was good. If not you have to repeat the process until you get the result that you want.

In this case I can't see a more effective way than to record midi data on the fly.

On the other hand if one makes staticly repeated sequenced patterns 'drag n drop' is obviously a logical workflow option.

BTW I am not in anyway argueing against a 'drag n drop' function, I personally just had a hard time seeing the need of one, so I asked to see if there was something that I had missed or did not understand.

Either way, my personal preference is of no importance in this case since Hyakken want to learn how to make a 'd&d' feature. I if he feels that way I support his quest to develop his programmin skills, it would be foolish of me not to do so since I enjoy his products very much.

^
It's all cool, let's see what HY comes up with :)

Hello,

I just released v1.1.0 of HY-SeqCollection.
There are some of new features.

Changes:
• added custom scale function
• added root transpose function
• added scale lock function
• added midi trigger function(3 trigger modes)
• added tooltip window
• improved gui rendering speed

https://hy-plugins.com/hy-seqcollection-v1-1-0vst/

and now HY-Lofi is discontinued.
version2 of HY-Lofi is available on Rekkerd.
https://rekkerd.org/hy-lofi2-free-bit-q ... exclusive/

Please check it.

Tadashi

Thanks Tadashi, hi-seqcoll is right up my alley!

Could it be that swing is not working ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”