Announcing Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube (intro pricing through Jan 15 2017)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube Custom Shop AmpliTube Fender Collection 2

So 2 questions:

1. Does the pre-order price go away before a demo is available?

2. Are the Fender Collection 1 models included or is this a totally separate product? It appears to be a separate product, but I want to make sure.

Robert Randolph wrote:So 2 questions:

2. Are the Fender Collection 1 models included or is this a totally separate product? It appears to be a separate product, but I want to make sure.
Agreed, a demo would be nice. I started out with a Blues Jr. NOS though(wasn't called a NOS then), so these look right up my alley :)

1. More than likely, yes.

2. This is a completely new and separate product.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:

1. More than likely, yes.

2. This is a completely new and separate product.
Welp.

I was sorta excited (as I've been somewhat impressed by Amplitube recently), but having to pay extra to be able to demo it is a no-go for me. Having to pay 50% more to demo it makes the absurdity of the idea even more unpalatable.

I could understand if you guys were releasing new amps based on technology that users are familiar with, and that you could experience by trying other models. However it appears that this is not the case with this product being based partially on new technology.

Thank you for answering though. :tu:

^^^ What part of "pre-order at a special price" is unclear or unjustified? A pre-order purchase inherently means you're buying it on a combination of faith and demo clips. There is no demo, because it hasn't been released.

You can wait and demo it, but pay more, or wait longer (probably quite a bit, since it's new) for a sale, on it or on gear credits. Or you can "pre-order at a special price".

Simple :)

None of that is new or unique to this product or IK.

dwozzle wrote:^^^ What part of "pre-order at a special price" is unclear or unjustified? A pre-order purchase inherently means you're buying it on a combination of faith and demo clips. There is no demo, because it hasn't been released.

You can wait and demo it, but pay more, or wait longer (probably quite a bit, since it's new) for a sale, on it or on gear credits. Or you can "pre-order at a special price".

If history is the judge, it'll be 4 to 5 months post release for the deals to start creeping in. I like to demo things, and buy gear piece-by-piece, which brings up a new question:
These will be available to buy as individual amps in CS, right? -say yes Peter :)

dwozzle wrote:^^^ What part of "pre-order at a special price" is unclear or unjustified? A pre-order purchase inherently means you're buying it on a combination of faith and demo clips. There is no demo, because it hasn't been released.

I understand what a pre-order is. I still think this situation sucks. Other developers usually run pre-order then introductory periods after release, which due to the uniqueness of digital goods makes sense as the concept of a demo is much more easily realized than in the 'real world' where it's much less common.

If this is normal for IK then I guess I'm out. Shitty way to do digital business. I'm not going to pay 50% more so I can know what I'm buying.

Robert Randolph wrote:
If this is normal for IK then I guess I'm out. Shitty way to do digital business. I'm not going to pay 50% more so I can know what I'm buying.
Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous isn't it? But there might be some overlap. Like with MODO Bass they still had the introductory price for a few days after the demo was released. Either way, knowing IK, it's pretty much guaranteed to go on sale for $99 again at some point. They're like Plugin Alliance in that you should never pay list price for anything because there's always another sale around the corner.

The sound clips posted on the sound are pretty impressive imho. I would also like to see them remodel the oldies in Amplitube 5. That and add a module for third party plugins and I'll be a happy camper :)

The partnership with the Fender brand seems strong as ever. I smell EVH coming soon... :hyper:

Personally, I like the cleans a lot, better than the crunches, and I'm actually not a big fan of the leads, for instance the Custom Pro Lead. Probably authentic, not my dish of tea. Might feel differently in the right context, but that's my sense on second listen, same as the first.

TBH I'm doing Helix pretty much exclusively these days anyway. Still like Amplitube, but Helix is more practical outside the house, sounds great, tons of routing options, and is super easy to get around on without needing a computer. Have some gear credits left though, might jump on this anyway.

Would be great to know when the intro price ends.

+2 on the upgrade price for Fender 1 owners.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:+2 on the upgrade price for Fender 1 owners.
$/€99.99 minus up to 30% using JamPoints from your previous purchase(s) is the upgrade price for Fender Collection 1 owners and other loyal IK customers.

That price is available to everyone, Peter.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:That price is available to everyone, Peter.
JamPoints are not available to everyone. You can save up to 30% as a loyal IK customer. That price is very low, is the issue that others are able to get that great deal too? Though again you can get a better deal than people who are not IK customers using your JamPoints.

I'm sorry if having a great preorder deal for everybody is a problem for some, but this is exactly why JamPoints exist: Loyal customers can still get a better deal than new customers. Unless I'm missing something or not explaining it well?

I understand about the Jam Points/Gear Credits and I'm okay with it. As someone who had the original Fender Collection as well as the "not so very Max" collection, I was teetering on not being so very happy about it too. But I also have a bunch of Gear Credits in my account so I will use those up. The only thing is that it doesn't work out exactly, so if I buy the credits I need that will leave me with ten extra. Since I have the Max collection too, there will be nothing left to use them on! As long as there is no expiration on what will be left over, then I can live with it.

Peter, maybe IK can consider adding something like a little bonus if you reach certain thresholds for lifetime credits. That way someone who has lifetime credits of say, 5000 (or whatever) would receive an extra perk of credits vs. someone who only has a lifetime credits value of say, 500 (or whatever).

All of those details are up to the number crunchers at your end to figure out... because at the end of the day IK is a business and not a charity - so you also want to stay in business. At the end of the day as a user I also want you to stay in business so that you can continue to support the products you make and continue to come out with exciting and innovative tools that we can all be excited about. :hug:

Return to “Effects”