Youlean Loudness Meter 2 - V2.5.2 - April 25, 2022 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Youlean Loudness Meter

Keep in mind NUGEN VisLM is $450US and MasterCheck Pro is $250US. :phones:

While I can only agree that everyone should pay the same price and be treated fairly, i've just checked my invoice. Had to pay in czech crowns which happens to be the currency I use:-). It translates to €24 and some change (exVAT). If there is an issue, it's ubdoubtedly on FastSpring side and I believe it has nothing to do with Youlean. So let me say it again, nobrainer and instabuy for me. It would be a crazy deal at €50, but this is totaly insane. :tu:

Compyfox wrote:[snip...]
It's as if 9% VAT was added on top for reasons unknown, and it was not made clear on the page in any way that this will happen to EU citizens. [snip...]
Just re-reading your post. I am in Canada. I have experienced this with other ecommerce providers. that is, they impose a currency conversion that is around 8-9% more than the posted rate. typically a currency conversion on my credit card costs an additional 3.5%. but as mentioned some ecommerce providers impose more.

Depending on what the product is, I may opt to not make a purchase because of this. I have also complained to some companies about it but they have done nothing to change it. that's fine, I find it easy to avoid GAS so they snooze they loose.

The worst is buying something and paying for it with my paypal balance in USD and STILL being charged an additional 8-9%.

I think sellers need to look for ecom providers that do not charge these extra fees. and, customers need to resist purching and tell the seller about it. it should be no issue for a seller to switch to a provider that does not jack up the conversion rate unless they are getting a cut of it. just refuse to buy and let them know. resist GAS. :phones:

I think I clearly let the dev know.

Prices changed again on the page, page (at least the EUR ones), now showing 19% VAT included. So VAT is added on top. However, there is still no mention about possible VAT. And as long as the price is wonky, I'm not buying - sorry.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

there is nothing wonky :
i go to this page with chrome :
https://youlean.co/youlean-loudness-meter/
i don't see the price, i click on buy pro version, i see 27$ quickly but the price is covered by the view cart button
i click on view cart, i see 29€
i click on checkout, and i receive an paypal email with 29€ including TVA for 4,83 €
as said, this is an insane price, if you don't need it pass but you can't find anything better !
highly recommended !

The in cart price has jumped up for me too, only by £1 though. I blame the tories!

carrieres wrote:there is nothing wonky :
It was only a matter of time to get schooled on this topic, I guess... Not surprised.

I'll see where I'm at later tonight. But fluctuations of several EUR just shouln't happen - period! And those that have to pay VAT need to be informed beforehand.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
carrieres wrote:there is nothing wonky :
Was only a matter of time to get schooled on this topic... Not surprised.

I'll see where I'm at later tonight. But fluctuations of several EUR just shouln't happen - period! And those that have to pay VAT need to be informed beforehand.
no, you are not schooled, we are trying to help, thank to you, i found a bug with chrome hiding the price.
The fluctuation is due to the VAT, no ? imho, Youlean can't do anything.
the fact that i don't know that i will pay 4,83€ don't bother me as long i know i will pay 29€ at the end.
for me, it was about supporting the product at a no brainer price no matter the VAT or conversion rate :love:

There was a little update fixing some bugs a couple of days ago.

As for price, would have happily paid double. :) Once we get user definable text size, this thing will replace the Sonoris meters I have been using for over a decade!

I really can't hear the phrase "this is a no-brainer" anymore...

Yes, this thing is cheaper than the competition with the feature set, but "OMG DEAL!" is not a no-brainer, especially not if the price is jumping around. No matter if Formspring was used / is to blame or not. This is all I'm pointing out - thank you, but I don't need any further help with this.

Funny that the developer himself didn't respond yet. I hope he's just busy fixing bugs.

Compyfox wrote:I really can't hear the phrase "this is a no-brainer" anymore...

Yes, this thing is cheaper than the competition with the feature set, but "OMG DEAL!" is not a no-brainer, especially not if the price is jumping around. No matter if Formspring was used / is to blame or not. This is all I'm pointing out - thank you, but I don't need any further help with this.

Funny that the developer himself didn't respond yet. I hope he's just busy fixing bugs.
Youlean doesn't really frequent this thread too much, i think he prefers to use his FB group/page/whatever as the main discussion area. Which is kind of ironic, considering the history.

The free version is surely a no-brainer though, isn't it?

The payment portal thing is definitely iffy and very strange. As I'm a VAT registered company I searched very long for where to enter my VAT id to get it taken away.. this is possible only AFTER I come back from the paypal portal. Very confusing and extremely unintuitive.. not to mention that this information was nowhere to be found.

Things like these should be super simple and immediately obvious. VAT should be very clearly stated always (if a price includes it or not) and the possibility of entering a valid VAT id should be always on the first payment page.. not after the actual payment.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

mutantdog wrote:Youlean doesn't really frequent this thread too much, i think he prefers to use his FB group/page/whatever as the main discussion area. Which is kind of ironic, considering the history.
Ironic indeed. Not everyone uses Facebook (or does even have access to it), and yes... Youlean mostly made it thanks due the Developer Challenge 2016. I've been pointing out these kind of thing that really start to annoy me since he announced a "paid version" pretty much within the first weeks post DC'16.

Using the DC'16 as stepping stone - good and fine. But a lot of things just don't add up and sometimes I just do not feel... can you even say "valued"?

mutantdog wrote:The free version is surely a no-brainer though, isn't it?
It if works flawlessly in your host, the free version is an outstanding deal, indeed. Nothing to argue here.

bmanic wrote:Things like these should be super simple and immediately obvious. VAT should be very clearly stated always (if a price includes it or not) and the possibility of entering a valid VAT id should be always on the first payment page.. not after the actual payment.
Agreed!

That's strange, looks like the payment system works differently depending on a country ip. I had a VAT id field as the first thing. Mind you I payed with my cc. At least you can deduct VAT right away. AVID or Propellerhead is a different story. At AVID you have to email them your VAT no. and ask for a refund (probably because they are indie startup company and can't afford to implement it), and Propellerhead support simply told me that they don't do BtoB transactions in their webshop - hence no option to buy exVAT. Sorry for OT.
Last edited by lumcas on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bought- price came to $50 NZD, which is 28 Euro. Not sure if I paid extra VAT or not. I thought people outside the EU were exempt from paying VAT.

Return to “Effects”