Eventide Weekly Deals: 2016 Stereo Room for $47

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
2016 Stereo Room H9 Series: Blackhole Tverb UltraReverb

Aloysius wrote:How many bedroom producers are there in the world? Probably millions.

Can you imagine if say a conservative 100,000 purchase this plug-in for $40? That would be a cool $4 Million return.
I think Urs from u-he once stated some sales figures for their plugins, and i think Zebra had something like 12.000 sales in total (for a plugin which is on the market for over 10 years). So, 100.000 sales for this, only because it's on sale seems a bit exaggerated. :) A few thousands is more likely, if even. Maybe rather just many hundreds.
Last edited by chk071 on Wed May 03, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfxsound3 wrote:They are fishing for return customers, IMHO. This is the bait. First they bite, then you have their loyalty, then they come back and bite again. Those are the guys who follow discounts, who can wait, buy best price, etc.

Others buy when they need to, at regular prices. If you are a business, or an educational institution, you can't wait until the next great discount, so...
Exactly!

Distorted Horizon wrote:Awesome!!

My reverbial needs will be filled for the next decade ^^
Blackhole + UltraReverb definitely is a killer combo. Good times for people who waited for a sale on these. :)

Waiting to see how much Tverb will sell for in Week 3.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Waiting to see how much Tverb will sell for in Week 3.
Well up to 75% off means that the best price will be about $65 before vendor discounts. I would take "up to 75%" to mean that they won't price them all that way. All of the other verbs have been sold at 75% off or more already. So, if I were a betting man, I would suspect that TVerb will not only be the most expensive of the four, but also the least discounted.

The introduced it at $99. I predict a sale price of $77. Of course, that may be way off, so don't expect that there's any knowledge whatsoever in that, it's just a guess.

A bit of a newbie question, but for someone who has difficulties taming reverbs in general, and also finding it hard to judge the quality of different reverbs. What is it that makes UltraReverb better/more special, than e.g. Blackhole, EAReverb 2, Reverbical, SparkVerb, RP-Verb or MMultiBandConvolution (which I already own), and other reverbs available on the market of course. What are the strenghts of this particular one?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

ghettosynth wrote:
Well up to 75% off means that the best price will be about $65 before vendor discounts. I would take "up to 75%" to mean that they won't price them all that way. All of the other verbs have been sold at 75% off or more already. So, if I were a betting man, I would suspect that TVerb will not only be the most expensive of the four, but also the least discounted.

The introduced it at $99. I predict a sale price of $77. Of course, that may be way off, so don't expect that there's any knowledge whatsoever in that, it's just a guess.
We'll have to wait and see.

I had to laught at this.

''Every week during the month of May one of our acclaimed reverb plug-ins will be on sale — up to 75% off. Check back each week to see how much you'll save!''

Week 1, UltraVerb, 76% off. :lol:

http://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/reverb_sale
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed May 03, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

We'll have to wait and see.

I had to laught at this.

''Every week during the month of May one of our acclaimed reverb plug-ins will be on sale — up to 75% off. Check back each week to see how much you'll save!''

Week 1, UltraVerb, 76% off. :lol:
Yeah, no doubt, that is a funny. Probably some last minute decision making there. $47 probably has some psychological factor over the planned $49 price. That's why I predict $77 and not $79.

Klinke1 wrote:It will also count as plug-in for reducing AnthologyX price. (i am 99% sure..)
Ha ha, good thinking.
Good sounding reverb with some unique capabilities.

What does it offer that is different?

chk071 wrote:Zebra had something like 12.000 sales in total (for a plugin which is on the market for over 10 years).
Hey, guess what, u-he plugins are not exactly THE best-selling plugins on the market. Oh, and he's not obliged to give you the exact numbers. Oh, and effects are a different category.

starflakeprj wrote:A bit of a newbie question, but for someone who has difficulties taming reverbs in general, and also finding it hard to judge the quality of different reverbs. What is it that makes UltraReverb better/more special, than e.g. Blackhole, EAReverb 2, Reverbical, SparkVerb, RP-Verb or MMultiBandConvolution (which I already own), and other reverbs available on the market of course. What are the strenghts of this particular one?
It's not so much that it's a great reverb - it's an Eventide implementation so it's not going to be bad by any stretch. But it's a more a good one for special-effects situations rather than a straight reverb as you have delays, EQ and compression all in the one place. The reverb section itself is fairly simple. You can do fairly crazy "infinite" reverbs with a bit of judicious delay feedback and EQ boosts (though be ready to do a lot of automation).

Having said that, having a lot of EQ is a good thing if you do have trouble with reverb as nine times out of ten you have an EQ problem not a reverb problem. There are few things that can't be solved with the Abbey Road trick (big cuts at top and bottom to the input) and a notch here or there to cut out metallic resonances.

Gamma-UT wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:A bit of a newbie question, but for someone who has difficulties taming reverbs in general, and also finding it hard to judge the quality of different reverbs. What is it that makes UltraReverb better/more special, than e.g. Blackhole, EAReverb 2, Reverbical, SparkVerb, RP-Verb or MMultiBandConvolution (which I already own), and other reverbs available on the market of course. What are the strenghts of this particular one?
It's not so much that it's a great reverb - it's an Eventide implementation so it's not going to be bad by any stretch. But it's a more a good one for special-effects situations rather than a straight reverb as you have delays, EQ and compression all in the one place. The reverb section itself is fairly simple. You can do fairly crazy "infinite" reverbs with a bit of judicious delay feedback and EQ boosts (though be ready to do a lot of automation).

Having said that, having a lot of EQ is a good thing if you do have trouble with reverb as nine times out of ten you have an EQ problem not a reverb problem. There are few things that can't be solved with the Abbey Road trick (big cuts at top and bottom to the input) and a notch here or there to cut out metallic resonances.
Thank you for the explanation. I believe I already have what I need in terms of reverb I guess :)

Also thanks for the tip regarding EQing and reverb, make sense actually.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

sfxsound3 wrote:
chk071 wrote:Zebra had something like 12.000 sales in total (for a plugin which is on the market for over 10 years).
Hey, guess what, u-he plugins are not exactly THE best-selling plugins on the market. Oh, and he's not obliged to give you the exact numbers. Oh, and effects are a different category.
And they still won't sell 100.000 copies and make 4 million of this. :shrug:

Yeah, no doubt, that is a funny. Probably some last minute decision making there. $47 probably has some psychological factor over the planned $49 price. That's why I predict $77 and not $79.
Tverb will be $97 - http://www.kvraudio.com/news/eventide-u ... -7th-37118

Return to “Effects”