Your favorite eq with fix frequencies ... ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maag EQ4

virtualpt wrote:Maag EQ4
Oh that’s another good one. I like that too.

Thought of another I really like, that’s the Marroquin EQ which is a bastardisation of other eqs. The best of everything, according to Manny at least.

TE-100

EQ Ranger Plus is $19, dang steal. I paid quite a bit more than that.

Ichad.c wrote:EQ Ranger Plus is $19, dang steal. I paid quite a bit more than that.
I feel the pain. So did I. First the original, then the upgrade pricing.

Such is progress I guess.

I justify it to myself by all the money I save from the other specials. The law of averages. Kind of works out quite well still.

If you dont have one yet, id recomend a pultec emulation. (there is one in ozone 7 advanced by the way, if you happen to have that already)

simon.a.billington wrote:
Ichad.c wrote:EQ Ranger Plus is $19, dang steal. I paid quite a bit more than that.

I justify it to myself by all the money I save from the other specials. The law of averages. Kind of works out quite well still.
Good point! I went the same route - original to Plus, at least their upgrade pricing is usually very reasonable. Saved a bunch on VSC-2 and VSM-3 with a past special, so yeah, it all kinda still worked out in the end.

Softube Summit Audio EQF-100
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

http://analogobsession.com/product/filteq/

....beats most of the already mentioned...and it's free!
Dub it up blacker than dread

Urb Sergeant wrote:http://analogobsession.com/product/filteq/

....beats most of the already mentioned...and it's free!
Maybe, but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. There’s no one absolute answer here.

Ichad.c wrote:

Good point! I went the same route - original to Plus, at least their upgrade pricing is usually very reasonable. Saved a bunch on VSC-2 and VSM-3 with a past special, so yeah, it all kinda still worked out in the end.
Very stupid question about EQ Ranger Plus here, I have already RTFM...obviously it's doing something to the sound as presets are changed, and it's altering frequency/bandwidth, but each preset has all the bands centered. Is there any way to view the settings of what it's actually doing to the sound as on literally every other EQ I've ever tried?

Winstontaneous wrote:
Ichad.c wrote:

Very stupid question about EQ Ranger Plus here, I have already RTFM...obviously it's doing something to the sound as presets are changed, and it's altering frequency/bandwidth, but each preset has all the bands centered. Is there any way to view the settings of what it's actually doing to the sound as on literally every other EQ I've ever tried?
There no such thing as a stupid question. I think it is in the manual, but you probably missed it.

With the last EQ Rangers you had 3 of them all designed slightly differently to address their predestined roles. There was one for Bass, one for Vocals and one for general things called Full Ranger.

In creating the new EQ Ranger they decided to add more “designs”, but put it in one plugin interface. Notice how you can still get the original “Volume One” designs in the presets. But there’s more presets too.

Most of those presets are a different eq design, that’s why the bands change. But it’s not just the bands changing, the width and slope of them vary too depending on the source they were designed for.

So yeah the bands change and the sound changes because they are effectively different eqs, they are just all in the one plugin interface.

Winstontaneous wrote: Very stupid question about EQ Ranger Plus here, I have already RTFM...obviously it's doing something to the sound as presets are changed, and it's altering frequency/bandwidth, but each preset has all the bands centered. Is there any way to view the settings of what it's actually doing to the sound as on literally every other EQ I've ever tried?
Dumb question, are you changing modules or presets? If you change modules it would be centered. Does it work like on the promo video?

The "-" and "+" buttons are for modules, not presets, it got me the first time I used it too. Check video @2:01

https://youtu.be/T1L_s2b3cc4?t=121

I recommend this one :

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/pushte ... er_lasagne

Its free but I think this one of the best. I like it more then soneq or slickeq

sqigls wrote:TE-100
I like this one too, but I'm selling it because I like Slate even better. I drank the koolaid and bought the sub.

Already loved the SSL and Neve emus, but the custom series is a mad-man.

Return to “Effects”