give me your advice on Acustica Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

would never consider it because of this giancarlo clown

"we have cookies"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Hello Zaphod! I've been out of the loop for a few years and have a question.

Does your CORE technology still use FIR windows so short that they ring a disgusting amount? Please refer to this thread: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-sh ... c-eqs.html

I must say, I'm incredibly impressed that Nebula/Acqua plugins have become so popular despite their severe limitations. Your marketing is brilliant. So much so that you indirectly convinced Mr. Gamble of DMG to add a "make it worse" mode (my own words, NOT Mr. Gambles) to his stunning Equilibrium (parametric rectangular window).

To address the OP, I would recommend you search elsewhere. I spent weeks trying to get Nebula to sound any kind of good and gave up after stumbling across the above thread. [REDACTED]

Oh, and hi everyone else! Been lurking for a while, finally decided to join the discussion. Sorry my first post is relatively negative, but I just couldn't stay silent on this.

EDIT: removed a recommendation and added clarification in bold. I am neither of these people and regret posting in this dumpster fire.
Last edited by thephank on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sg1122 wrote:would never consider it because of this giancarlo clown
If they attack someone personally it means there are no more arguments left

thephank wrote:Hello Zaphod! I've been out of the loop for a few years and have a question.

Does your CORE technology still use FIR windows so short that they ring a disgusting amount? Please refer to this thread: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-sh ... c-eqs.html

I must say, I'm incredibly impressed that Nebula/Acqua plugins have become so popular despite their severe limitations. Your marketing is brilliant. So much so that you indirectly convinced Mr. Gamble of DMG to add a "make it worse" mode to his stunning Equilibrium (parametric rectangular window).

To address the OP, I would recommend you search elsewhere. I spent weeks trying to get Nebula to sound any kind of good and gave up after stumbling across the above thread. Airwindows is a great place to start for unique, analog sounding plugins. Zero UI to distract from critical listening, extremely upfront about any limitations, fixes rare bugs within a day or two of release, and being free doesn't hurt.

Oh, and hi everyone else! Been lurking for a while, finally decided to join the discussion. Sorry my first post is relatively negative, but I just couldn't stay silent on this.
A that old thread. Almost all 3rd party nebula libraries and acqua plugins are using incredibly long kernels, seconds. I think nebula was featuring short samples in early 2007, the commercial library. Anyway in 2007 almost all analog emulations (well, really few ones, for the exception of several UAD products) were not even implementing harmonic distortion
Thank you for your "marketing is brilliant". But there is a little rule in audio world: when there is no interest in a product it simply dies. There is no marketing able to keep it alive for a long time, go figure feeding employes, and doing everything as a daily job, or convince other developers to join the platform and releasing their libraries. You can fool someone for a month. I will not comment about airwindows, my only point is that selling a plugin at 300 eur is not easy. Most of our customers bought more then 1000 eur of products, several ones more then 3500. In the software world - with poor marketing, poor website - this is crazy.

About the single post, I hope you really are joining kvr for the first time, and this is not just a trick for hiding yourself.

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:
there is no argument because its a fact you are a clown and I wouldn't trust you because of how you have acted recently

Sg1122 wrote:
there is no argument because its a fact you are a clown and I wouldn't trust you because of how you have acted recently
This little conversation tells you everything about the way "I act"
- you say I'm a clone, attacking me
- I avoid to attack you, I answer to you politely

If you read carefully all my posts, I never attack someone personally and I try to reply about "things" or "actions".
For a while, try to imagine your reaction if I was attacking you that way.

thephank wrote:Hello Zaphod! I've been out of the loop for a few years and have a question.

I must say, I'm incredibly impressed that Nebula/Acqua plugins have become so popular despite their severe limitations. Your marketing is brilliant. So much so that you indirectly convinced Mr. Gamble of DMG to add a "make it worse" mode to his stunning Equilibrium (parametric rectangular window).

To address the OP, I would recommend you search elsewhere. I spent weeks trying to get Nebula to sound any kind of good and gave up after stumbling across the above thread. Airwindows is a great place to start for unique, analog sounding plugins. Zero UI to distract from critical listening, extremely upfront about any limitations, fixes rare bugs within a day or two of release, and being free doesn't hurt.

A that old thread. Almost all 3rd party nebula libraries and acqua plugins are using incredibly long kernels, seconds. I think nebula was featuring short samples in early 2007, the commercial library. Anyway in 2007 almost all analog emulations (well, really few ones, for the exception of several UAD products) were not even implementing harmonic distortion
Thank you for your "marketing is brilliant". But there is a little rule in audio world: when there is no interest in a product it simply dies. There is no marketing able to keep it alive for a long time, go figure feeding employes, and doing everything as a daily job, or convince other developers to join the platform and releasing their libraries. You can fool someone for a month. I will not comment about airwindows, my only point is that selling a plugin at 300 eur is not easy. Most of our customers bought more then 1000 eur of products, several ones more then 3500. In the software world - with poor marketing, poor website - this is crazy.

About the single post, I hope you really are joining kvr for the first time, and this is not just a trick for hiding yourself.
I wrote a long reply but KVR decided to log me out before I could post, so here's the short version: spend less on GUI's, more on coding help, drop your pretension, and hire someone with technical skills who is more fluent in English than you. I'm happy for your success in this crazy world, but you seem to share the attitude that I think is killing the music industry. "Those ear-bud wearing, mp3-listening idiots can't hear things 80dB down! Only I with the golden ears have such power!" This may or may not be true, but regardless it kills our creativity and drive. What's the point in fixing things people can't hear? You do it for pride, integrity, and for the benefit of those who can hear such things. Your products could be absolutely top notch if you didn't let success go to your head. Until then, I'll continue using plugins that don't mangle everything below some arbitrary cutoff

Edit: here != hear

short answer
- our gui are cheap for us, we are efficient
- our approach is expensive on coding
- we hired already, but I do love answering directly. I think this is an added value, even if it will not last, because my spare time

We are growing quickly, everything is supergood. But thank you for the suggestions, really it seems everyone wants to suggest something to me, I think this is part of the same attitude you are speaking about, which is killing not only music industry but everything. Basically everybody behind a keyboard with 1 post on a forum can post to Tim Cook he is an idiot because phones are expensive or the battery can't be charged like all other phones. Maybe he is a Samsung employee.

Edit: To each his own!

I'm nearly speechless. You completely misunderstood my point, compared yourself to Tim Cook, and are accusing someone new to this community of being a shill. Astounding. I can see why you have such a... devoted following.

I won't go on some crusade against you like others around here seem to do, but this conversation is over. I wish you all the best and hope you learn in the future.

You misunderstood completely my post,I never compared myself to Apple. It is an example, a paradox. And it is an answer to what you suggested (the fact you consider my attitude part of a problem and so on).
Have a nice day

[quote="Zaphod [snip...]Tim Cook he is an idiot because phones are expensive or the battery can't be charged like all other phones. Maybe he is a Samsung employee. [/quote]

...or you can't disable a plugin or freeze tracks to manage CPU and get on with making music, like all other plugins. There are actually a lot of parallels between AA and Apple.

I tried freeze in cubase and it is working
An other user told you the same about protools (bypass)

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:I tried freeze in cubase and it is working
An other user told you the same about protools (bypass)
I use Logic. Is the expectation that I am supposed to change my DAW so that my AA products will work properly? That sounds more like an arrogant Apple approach. How ironic.

plexuss wrote:That sounds more like an arrogant Apple approach. How ironic.
So says the guy using an Apple. So doubly ironic. :hihi:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “Effects”