Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
suthnear
KVRian
 
603 posts since 22 Aug, 2002, from on the inside looking out

Postby suthnear; Wed May 23, 2018 8:41 am Ohmboyz Infinity

Ohmforce is back with an updated delay plugin:

https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do ... yzInfinity

They have an early access program
suthnear
KVRian
 
603 posts since 22 Aug, 2002, from on the inside looking out

Postby suthnear; Wed May 23, 2018 8:42 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

Some interesting sounds but it's a crowded field these days...
sl1914
KVRist
 
458 posts since 24 Feb, 2008

Postby sl1914; Wed May 23, 2018 8:55 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

That link mentions that release day target is 4/2018.
Now it's almost June.
Maybe they should update that product page?
User avatar
Gamma-UT
KVRAF
 
4176 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed May 23, 2018 9:02 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

Ohmforce wrote:the UI won't burn your eyes...


The Ohmies have lost their edge. They always used to be about the eye-searing UIs.

Still, I've paid them some money for old times' sake. And to get another delay.
elxsound
KVRAF
 
4547 posts since 18 Aug, 2007, from NYC

Postby elxsound; Wed May 23, 2018 9:12 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

Gamma-UT wrote:
Ohmforce wrote:the UI won't burn your eyes...


The Ohmies have lost their edge. They always used to be about the eye-searing UIs.

Still, I've paid them some money for old times' sake. And to get another delay.


This isn't the final UI...

Ohmforce wrote:"the UI won't burn your eyes... but it will be completely reskinned for release."
User avatar
Gamma-UT
KVRAF
 
4176 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

elxsound wrote:
Ohmforce wrote:"the UI won't burn your eyes... but it will be completely reskinned for release."


Good point. My eyes are ready. Drops are on hand.
elxsound
KVRAF
 
4547 posts since 18 Aug, 2007, from NYC

Postby elxsound; Wed May 23, 2018 9:29 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

I'm definitely curious about this especially since I love Ohmboyz still, but $99 to beta test is a bit steep without knowing what's to come.

If its great, I'll be happy to pay full price on release.

For any early adopters, I'd love to hear your opinions.
elxsound
KVRAF
 
4547 posts since 18 Aug, 2007, from NYC

Postby elxsound; Wed May 23, 2018 9:30 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

Gamma-UT wrote:
elxsound wrote:
Ohmforce wrote:"the UI won't burn your eyes... but it will be completely reskinned for release."


Good point. My eyes are ready. Drops are on hand.


Bring the burn.
ians
KVRist
 
128 posts since 26 Oct, 2004, from U.K.

Postby ians; Wed May 23, 2018 9:39 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

Any upgrade price yet? I have most of there stuff. I love their wacky GUIs. NKS support would be nice
Amram
KVRist
 
493 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from Foolish Shepherd

Postby Amram; Wed May 23, 2018 9:41 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

Link for demo?
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
22495 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

I'm thinking that €99 is the upgrade price ... but hopefully I'm wrong ;)
JerGoertz
KVRAF
 
1961 posts since 19 Feb, 2004

Postby JerGoertz; Wed May 23, 2018 9:50 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

Yikes, I have strong nostalgic love for the Ohmies, but $99 for a delay is way out of line for today's market. Probably going to pass.
A well-behaved signature.
User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRian
 
1081 posts since 22 May, 2017

Postby Russell Grand; Wed May 23, 2018 11:04 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

I have to admit, I was immediately excited when I saw this thread. Ohmboyz was one of my first VSTs many moons ago. I think the limited edition blue GUI is quite eye-catching and I'm intrigued enough by this marketing to really want to try it out...but as others have mentioned, that price is steep steep steep. Hmmm....
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
10192 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed May 23, 2018 11:11 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

JerGoertz wrote:Yikes, I have strong nostalgic love for the Ohmies, but $99 for a delay is way out of line for today's market. Probably going to pass.


It will cost more by the time it gets to market :shrug: It looks like they're pitching it as a whole new product, rather than Ohmboyz 2

And it looks like they might have booted preset morphing :scared:
User avatar
e@rs
KVRAF
 
3527 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Wed May 23, 2018 11:28 am Re: Ohmboyz Infinity

Russell Grand wrote:I have to admit, I was immediately excited when I saw this thread. Ohmboyz was one of my first VSTs many moons ago. I think the limited edition blue GUI is quite eye-catching and I'm intrigued enough by this marketing to really want to try it out...but as others have mentioned, that price is steep steep steep. Hmmm....

My thoughts exactly.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects