Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Hey, why do you always have 8 taps? That should be optional - add or delete taps as you wish (up to eight).
Unless it's required by the plugin's internal structure? But I don't see why...
Same for delay lines. A simple + sign should do.

And no handwritten fonts, PLEASE. Or just make it a postcard.

bbtr wrote:Hey, why do you always have 8 taps? That should be optional - add or delete taps as you wish (up to eight).
They are optional. Setting the tap sends to zero for both delay lines takes them out of the equation. And it's reflected in the UI - the lines grey out and disappear as the send level is turned down.

Red_Force wrote:Anyway... so we listened:

https://blog.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infin ... s-pricing/
I don't see the ohmboyz upgrade price when logged in.

Edit: Ok, i have to go to the "My Products Page" where it says "Get Ohmboyz Infinity". Sorry, Nevermind ;)

Red_Force wrote:It will be, yes.

I haven't demoed it, and I realize that taps maybe can be switched off, but those squares 1-8 are always there on the UI, only the lines grey out, as you say. That's exactly the issue. UI elements should appear if you need them, and disappear if you don't.

Otherwise it always looks like a mad professor's gadget, even when you are using it for simple tasks.

Same with the feedback fx. Dropdown.

bbtr wrote:Hey, why do you always have 8 taps? That should be optional - add or delete taps as you wish (up to eight).
Unless it's required by the plugin's internal structure? But I don't see why...
Same for delay lines. A simple + sign should do.

And no handwritten fonts, PLEASE. Or just make it a postcard.
That's a consideration. We could do it that way. BUT there's a design consideration here too. You have the "you see what you ask" approach. Best illustrations are modular stuff like Reaktor, but to a point that's also what you find in Timeless & other Fabfilter stuff. No denying it's sensible, elegant, efficient, easier to understand. It's also less "playable". The "what you see is what you ask" implies that you only see what you think of asking, and sometimes you're not thinking that clear. Our own angle is to make toys for the gifted. So we try to provide you with a manageable amount of knobs that are just around your cursor to be played with because you can and "why not, let's see what it does". Of course that means some thoughtful consideration about each knob that's added. We want to avoid "easily do nothing" knob or their "easily ruin things" brother.

In the case of tapes I tend to be with you though that just a + button would be better. So your feedback is dully noted (typically something we decided to release as it in beta and see what users say) =)
I also tend to think the same on modulations, but again waiting for people to have their say.

Handwritten fonts are for the temporary skin (that's based on a "blueprint" theme) but will be replaced with something more classic ultimately
dermage wrote:
Red_Force wrote:Anyway... so we listened:

https://blog.ohmforce.com/ohmboyz-infin ... s-pricing/
I don't see the ohmboyz upgrade price when logged in.

Edit: Ok, i have to go to the "My Products Page" where it says "Get Ohmboyz Infinity". Sorry, Nevermind ;)
Or just add it to the cart while logged in.
Last edited by Red_Force on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red_Force wrote:Have you checked for Delay 2 settings ? The routing shows action there too.
Yes, feedback is set to 0 also.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Oh but I see.

Feedback isn't your delay volume, it's how much it feed sound back in the delay loop. But you still hear the first play through of the loop.

Just cut the volume knob instead. (on both lines)

Thanks for listening, couldn't resist coz' I'm a damn delay-junkie.... I always think a new delay will help for my lack of talents I guess. :)

Anyways, Infinity VST 64-bit crashes on first load in VSTHost x64 (running on Win7 64bit). I usually register my plugins in VSThost first and then open Cubase (long story..)..

It works fine in Cubase though.

See attached screenshot from VSThost:
infinity_bug.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This was kinda touched upon up-thread a bit, I didn't see any conclusions.

How about a couple mod slots dedicated to the macros and mod parameters?
I understand you can do it externally, but a couple on board would be handy,
theres a ton of parameters to wade through from outside.

-Cheers

I am not sure I am understanding the question. Here goes nothing.

You can already modulate the modulation parameters. That's what the "select" button bottom right is for. It puts the selected modulation parameter button in the main edit, and from there you can assign modulation / macros at your will.

Macros modulation... we ruled them out as it would make things highly complicated without really adding options - at least in our understanding. As macros can control the modulators amplitude, you can already do everything that way. OTOH it would start to be really complicated to know where a parameter is at if it's modified by two modulators and a macro itself modulated.

Red_Force wrote:Our own angle is to make toys for the gifted. So we try to provide you with a manageable amount of knobs that are just around your cursor to be played with because you can and "why not, let's see what it does". Of course that means some thoughtful consideration about each knob that's added.
Great!
Yes, my concern was with knob clutter, but - as you say - you have thought about that.

Will be interesting to see what you come up with in the end.

Red_Force wrote:I am not sure I am understanding the question. Here goes nothing.

You can already modulate the modulation parameters. That's what the "select" button bottom right is for. It puts the selected modulation parameter button in the main edit, and from there you can assign modulation / macros at your will.

Macros modulation... we ruled them out as it would make things highly complicated without really adding options - at least in our understanding. As macros can control the modulators amplitude, you can already do everything that way. OTOH it would start to be really complicated to know where a parameter is at if it's modified by two modulators and a macro itself modulated.
Ok I see now that you're right. It's difficult to see whats going on there
sometimes as everything often looks identical. Regarding the macros,
possibly you can get their parameters to list in the DAW at the beginning
of the parameter list rather than at the very end?

Seriously, in Reason it takes 5 mins to scroll down to them, and its not much better in
other DAWs...

-Cheers

If this could host VST plugins in the feedback path I would definitely get it,
despite having over 100 delays in my plugin folder,
there are more but not all are categorised !!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:If this could host VST plugins in the feedback path I would definitely get it,
despite having over 100 delays in my plugin folder,
there are more but not all are categorised !!!
I could say the same, honestly though, its really unique in the way that
everything works together. Melda's stuff would come the closest what
with all the modulation and multi-parameters. Still, you could only
compare it with MXXX because of the effects, and the two are not
really of the same classification.

*Also the sound, it doesn't really sound like any other delays I have.
I like the distortion quite a lot as well.

Return to “Effects”