Best & Most Authentic Reggae Dub Delay and Reverb Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hard to beat the Roland RE-20......

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:03 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 pm Spring Reverb - Check out u-he's new Twangstrom spring verb, it's very tasty. There's also PSP Springbox, and Aegean does one called Spirit Reverb which is nae bad.

Delay - there are many (not sure about tubed versions...). Analogic Delay by Interrupter (32 bit only emulation of Logic's delay), it has a real nice vibe, also u-he (again) ColourCopy is a really really cool, as is TAL-Dub-X (there are free early versions of this too).

AudioThing's OuterSpace, tape delay and reverb combined, and reasonably close to those Roland units.
There's also Mod Machine's "Modnetic" which is another take on the RE-201.
+1 for Modnetic, that's one of my favorite delays period.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 pm ...TAL-Dub-X (there are free early versions of this too).

AudioThing's OuterSpace, tape delay and reverb combined, and reasonably close to those Roland units.
Good call. Along with Modnetic and Replika XT, OuterSpace and Dub-X are my favorite dub delays. (The free TAL-Dubs are great too!)

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:39 pm Dunno, previous post posted while I was doing the same, how about.
Dubb Box
NastyDLAmkII
Dub Machines
Echoboy
Tape Echo GS-201
Echo Cycles
Spring Box
Tal Dub
Mountain Echo
Vst4free
Echoes T7E
Leet delay
maDelay
Echo Cycles and Spring Box are cool...but only for Reaper, no VST unfortunately.

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 am
neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 pm ...TAL-Dub-X (there are free early versions of this too).

Good call. Along with Modnetic and Replika XT, OuterSpace and Dub-X are my favorite dub delays. (The free TAL-Dubs are great too!)
We have exactly the same taste... :tu:

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 am
The Noodlist wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:39 pm Dunno, previous post posted while I was doing the same, how about.
Dubb Box
NastyDLAmkII
Dub Machines
Echoboy
Tape Echo GS-201
Echo Cycles
Spring Box
Tal Dub
Mountain Echo
Vst4free
Echoes T7E
Leet delay
maDelay
Echo Cycles and Spring Box are cool...but only for Reaper, no VST unfortunately.
No VST, but it works through Reajs, I use Studio One and the spring reverb works.

Program Files/VstPlugIns/ReaPlugs/JS/Effects

I've also used this
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/32490/Reaper_ ... #file_info
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

My old DOD hardware spring reverb was great for Dub, especially when you hit it.
This unit was likely used on drums quite often back in the day for Dub as it has that exaggerated spring that is now so popular.

Cant get that from tape delays or plugins (although some come close)....

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:03 pm Spring reverb impulses.
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/21515/Spring%20Reverbs.zip
Spring reverbs tend to respond differently to every snare hit due to the physicality of the design.
Impulse Responses tend to be static in nature and unfortunately lack the constant change of a bouncing metal spring.

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:09 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:03 pm Spring reverb impulses.
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/21515/Spring%20Reverbs.zip
Spring reverbs tend to respond differently to every snare hit due to the physicality of the design.
Impulse Responses tend to be static in nature and unfortunately lack the constant change of a bouncing metal spring.
Thanks for that.

I like Modnetic, Dubstation & GS-201 ... patiently waiting for GSi to update their plate reverb. Ableton Echo is up there too.

Return to “Effects”