Audiority LDC2 updated to v1.3 - Light Driven Compander - AAX,AU,CLAP,VST2,VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LDC2 Compander

cturner wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:21 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 pm Is a compander the opposite of a compressor?
I think there’s some legitimate confusion here. “Compander” has mostly referred to things like the Dolby Type A, etc., where the compression and expansion are used with one process reverting the effects of the other. There’s probably also the implication that something’s going on between the two processes.

Words like “modem” and “codec” make this clearer: “modulator-demodulator” and “coder-decoder”. These processes enable digital signal to travel in an analog world (phone lines) and analog signals to enter the digital world (PCM).

It may be that the two processes are serial in Audiority’s plug, hence the analogy, but the name strikes me as an imaginative borrowing, which is fine. EDIT: I think separate attacks and releases for the compressor and expander is a sure sign that they are two more-or-less discrete units in sequence.

Hopefully folks won’t think it’s something like Audiothing’s Type A, or Overloud’s Dopamine.

Loving the expander for sure!
Thank you for the explanation. Appreciate it :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Audiority wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:16 pm Hi Dashees,

threshold is set with either the Compress or Expand knobs, knee is fixed for both. When you change the optical circuit, you change a bit of the static compression/expansion curve, the attack and release time coefficients.

About the "bandpass" thing: not quite.. when you use the SC Filter, you are filtering the control signal and not the processed audio signal.

Cheers,
Luca
ok, i guess i work by being able to visualize what's happening, and i'm having a little difficulty with the lack of visual feedback. i like it tho. it sounds good. it will just take me a little more practice with it to figure it out. thanks.

^^ i mean with the knee of the thresh hold. i'm learning how to do it with the led feedback.

<deleted post>

We have receiving a lot of questions about how many samples has been used in our analog modeled plugins. The answer is ZERO. We just use old good math to simulate the circuits.

Cheers,
Luca

ohhhhh.... adjusting the sidechain gain adjusts the gating of the expander. That's what I was looking for. so it's a pair of highpass signal filters that can be adjusted with gain... i'm getting it. I was finding the gating to be too extreme for me.

LDC2 updated to v1.0.1
- FIX: Oversampling not properly working when HQ changes

To update download and install the demo version from the product page or from your User Area account.

Cheers,
Luca

Cool, thanks for the fix! I just picked it up. It's really organic sounding, which is great! Just a UX thing: You might consider using the lighter coloured knob for compression/expansion and put the black knob on sc filter - this keeps the colours contextually related. :phones:

That's a fair point. I'll see if I can make this change for the next update.

Cheers,
Luca

Intro price few days left!

We have fixed a bug in some of our products Mac installers that were causing the replacement of wrong presets folders. Please, check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=177&t=522449

===============

LDC2 updated to v1.0.2
- FIX: Mac installer replacing wrong presets folder
- Minor framework update

To update download and install the demo version from the product page or from your User Area account.

Cheers,
Luca

On sale now up to October 31st.

LDC2 updated to v1.1
– NEW: Mac OSX Catalina support
– NEW: Notifications system
– FIX: Wrong About window size

LDC2 is now 50% off (along with other products) until December 5th.

Cheers,
Luca

I hope you model more compressors, like MXR Dyna Comp and Boss CS-2.

These were the best guitar comps of 70-80's, imo.

Unfortunately this one eats CPU for breakfast like no other dynamic plugin I own, even with HQ off - and I noticed that with Expand set to zero (something I can't seem to get anything useful and non-weird out of anyway) there does not seem to be any significant difference as compared to when the expander is hard at work, so I wonder why then there seems to be no way to disable each of the two processors individually? Especially with an outrageously CPU-heavy plugin such as this one (it's basically head to head with the IK tape machines and AR Chambers) this should make quite the difference I would think, or not?

(Of course I am asking because I quite like what I hear (with the compressor, that is))
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”