Best ISP Limiters?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LoudMax

Nugen ISL2 for the transparent simplicity.
Sometimes i'll put another limiter before it, for flavour on acoustic demos or whatever.

If i could afford and warrant buying Limitless or Pro-L2 i would... but i'm using clippers in conjunction with limiters for general use (snares/drums mostly), I don't often leave limiters on the master for too long when producing, i leave that for the golden eared mob.

VitaminD wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:33 am This is new territory for me, so forgive me if this isn't related but would this help? https://www.saintpid.se/en/isp-true-peak-limiters-test/
Did you make that blog post? I would like to see that test with Loudmax v1.26, it impreoved the sound and ISP detection since v1.23.

forgot about lvc until just now. http://lvcaudio.com/plugins/limited-max/

also the tb pro stuff gets a lot of talk but i wouldn't know which one (i think there are several).

doesn't stillwell have one as well?

oh yeah, the voxengo elephant has been a go to for years for a lot of folks.

I dig the Fabfilter stuff like L2. With its limiting styles and ISP it sounds pretty good & transparent on many genres & source material.

Best ISP Limiters? None. Mix and Master at a lower volume. It will sound better.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:07 pm Best ISP Limiters? None. Mix and Master at a lower volume. It will sound better.
ISP does not mean you have to have a loud master and peaks at 0dbFS :wink: Your mix could consist of silence and 2 consecutive samples at -2dbFS and they still will create an ISP above 0dbFS...

Aloysius wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:07 pm Best ISP Limiters? None. Mix and Master at a lower volume. It will sound better.
I never said anything about smashing mixes.

DMG TrackLimit for mixing.. also can be used on the master channel, but when competitive squashing is required DMG Limitless takes the cake!

The latest update on these some months back brought some IPS algo improvements if it's worth mentioning.

3ee wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:45 pm DMG TrackLimit for mixing.. also can be used on the master channel, but when competitive squashing is required DMG Limitless takes the cake!

The latest update on these some months back brought some IPS algo improvements if it's worth mentioning.
They were more bug fixes - there was some kind of problem with the way limiting was visualized. Apparently the actual limiting and ISP algo were ok and not changed.

A.O.M. Invisible Limiter G2 or DMG Limitless. Flux Elixir and Pure Limiter also good stuff.
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

I still use vladg’s free Limiter No6 for ISP limiting.

BerryLaCroix wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:50 am Toneboosters Barricade 4. Does not break the bank and catches every ISP out there.
This. Keeps up with any expensive limiter for a fraction of the cost. Absolutely love Tonebooster plugins. Top notch for low price.

LoudMax is another top notch limiter that is free. Simple and straightforward. No need to break the bank with overpriced limiters.

Return to “Effects”